Analog modelled oscillators?

The new wasp filter is getting me super hyped in VCV. Its also re-igniting my love for the vult modules as well. Its super nice to see Cytomic and Vult go back and forth on the community page about their modelling as well.

While Rack has plenty of filter options most of them sound like classic soft synth filter stuff to my ears. Certainly useful in some situations but they are generally not what i’m actively seeking.

So that brings me to question are there any oscillators for rack that are analog modelled like these filters?

The vult ones? Instruo model drift, don’t know about other things…

1 Like

Maybe try Lindenberg oscillators, which are still in beta, but should soon be up,
and the Slime Child Audio Sub oscillator

1 Like

I’m interested in this as well. Looking for analog modeled modules.

1 Like

I’m still new but I’m really liking the sound of the Mockba Modular oscillators (and filters). I think they are modeled after Moog. Vult is really good, too.

After forking over 100’s of dollars for many different synth plugins such as Massive X, Pigments, Zebra, Omnisphere, Dune, Falcon, Rapid and Avenger, I’m beginning to find out that VCV Rack has the best sounding oscillators and filters above them all. Massive X is a close second. I still don’t like any of the reverbs, though. I tend to use Host and insert Raum, Blackhole or Seventh Heaven = Pure excellence!

Edit: Sorry I didn’t read when this was posted. Old thread. Hey! It was suggested in my Suggested Topics, though.

3 Likes

Old threads with new knowledge is great thanks for the recommendations!

2 Likes

I guess you’ve tried Plateau. Also do try out the ones in the SurgeXT and AirWindows plugins.

3 Likes