alef's bits released to library

hey everyone!

my first plugin, “alef’s bits” is now available in the library, and has been updated to v2.1.5 already.

i would really appreciate any feedback/issues from anyone!

14 Likes

Alef,

This is a link to my random test of your modules at - YouTube. I like to S&H module with the volts limits. It make it easy to switch on the fly during live jamming.

The name of the patch is called “Alef’s moving service”.

2 Likes

thanks for checking it out! i’m very much a beginner to this stuff, so it’s exciting to see something i made being used by others :slight_smile:

1 Like

That excitement never ends :grinning:

4 Likes

I had fun with your “simplex and hold” and “poly rand” modules, using them in conjunction with my Meander module. I’m always interested in correlated noise so I had fun seeing how your simplex noise worked. The “poly rand” worked great for doing a randomized arpeggio of the chords poly output from Meander. By the way, Meander outputs its scale, which I run into Grande Quant and use that to quantize your simplex noise. I haven’t played with your “simplex vco” yet.

Everything worked well. Great job on your first modules.

1 Like

thank you so much for the feedback!

as for the simplex vco, one thing i know about it for sure is that as it stands at its current state, modulating the parameters on it can sometimes sound… well, not great. i don’t think i fully understood the parameters used in the module i learned from (TinyTricks’ Simplex Oscillator) so things may not have translated 100% to my module when i wrote the code.

1 Like

alef’s bits has been updated to v2.2.0 in the library, and includes various bugfixes and adjustments, but most notably is the new module ‘noize’ which is just a random noise generator with a ‘duration’ parameter and 0-10V cv input, which holds the random values for longer periods, resulting in some cool rumbly retro noise sounds.

3 Likes

alef’s bits has been updated to v2.3.0 in the library, including two new modules: ‘steps’, an 8 step sequencer inspired by bogaudio’s ADDR, and ‘fibb’, a clock divider with outputs corresponding to numbers in the fibonacci sequence.

i’ve also included a paypal donation link in the plugin, in case anyone ever feels so inclined, as all my modules will always be free and open source.

1 Like

I’m surprised no-one has ever (afaik) made a paid plugins that’s open source. I would certainly consider it.

Oh, of course! Forgot about that. cool.