Airwindows - A Fresh Approach: Looking for some testers and feedback

:+1:

Just opening the help results in:

1 Like

Ha yeah ok it’s sort of a wierd tooltip and I thought I got the resize in zoom correct but I will look

Appreciate the bug report. For now the answer is close it before you do much else … know that’s not a great answer but it works!

1 Like

Removed from my lin-arm64 collection as noticed failed load init() not found in log. It compiled though.

I got both of these fixed, and a new nightly is building as well as a new release. I updated the hash in the library to sweep them into the first library release also. Also found and fixed one other bug (which I also have in surge and bacon plugs … but that’s another issue).

Thanks!

4 Likes

AirWindows on the bass, or 3 of them, why not :slight_smile: I’m having fun…

8 Likes

Hello Lars, love the patch, did Southpole ever make it into VCV 2? Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks Ady! Not officially, no, but here and here

2 Likes

This is now in the library!

26 Likes

I love the summary. “Airwindows is a collection of effects; this module contains all of them” :smiley:

8 Likes

I didn’t know quite what else to say. LOL.

Congratulations! I’m overly happy. :partying_face: It’s no secret that it was instantly getting into my favorite list. I believe this collection is a fantastic addition to the VCV Rack.

Thank you @jinx6568 , @baconpaul, and anyone making this possible!

1 Like

Another amazing, generous (and huge) addition to VCV Rack!

Many thanks to @jinx6568 and @baconpaul for this. Transforming dreams and ideas into reality for many.

A testament to creativity, generosity, open discourse, cooperation and complementary skills.

I love what is summarized!

3 Likes

Amazing!

Thanks, Paul and Chris!

1 Like

Thanks!

I know Chris and I both enjoy hearing what people do with software. Maybe we should open a fresh thread for “crazy patches with air windows”. If anyone wants to take the lead on that make sure to tag us!

Have fun!

6 Likes

Amazing. Having these great tools in this interface where is so easy to try different ones in the same category is a delight. This feels like a leap forward for airwindows in terms of usability / manageability. A big thank you to those involved.

3 Likes

Ok, after some faster compile loop testing of the lighter weight plugin Prefabs, I’m giving this build lin-arm64 another go. It appears as though the build Makefile somehow makes both a plugin.so and a plugin-arm64.so and the latter has to be deleted while the first has then to be renamed plugin-arm64.so … at [41%] … tick, tock.

The cmake based make system we use here (and in surge and baconplugs and a few other places) is probably what you are fighting with. Maybe figure out the change on the sample repo GitHub - qno/vcv-plugin-cmake-example: Example repository for developing a VCV Rack plugin with CMake. first?

Ok it needed the exact same work around as Prefabs. Added issue to qno/vcv-plugin-cmake-example. Includes archive of screen shots.

This is great !:nerd_face:

1 Like

I will definitely make some crazy patches with this at some point, and will create a thread if nobody else has done it! Thanks to everyone involved, I’ll see what I can do. :wink:

2 Likes