A new rabbit hole (AI art & music)

:arrow_double_down:

:arrow_double_down:

:eyes:

4 Likes

i’m guessing “giger” was a prompt here?

that was certainly one of the words in the prompt, it regularly is when i’m using MJ… :alien:

1 Like

For a little contrast, here are some that specifically do not use the word giger in the prompt:

2 Likes

wow, i’m on such a trip with synths in MJ at the moment, I feel like I want to post them all, but if I did I’d get banned by an admin for spamming :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

such a strong urge to have other people look at these images…

2 Likes

I can’t get past the keys. There needs to be some way to prompt MJ to “use piano style keyboards” or something to get the right layout.

Just think of them as alien keyboards. maybe they should be different colors?

I can’t help myself, I just have to post certain images, it feels imperative that someone else sees them…

4 Likes

I read this topic more often than the “what are you listening?” one. :blush:

3 Likes

How about making a panel module that cycles through some of your favorites pulled live from an online repository you maintain somewhere? There’s a lot to consider about how that might work best, but it must be possible in VCV. I do this sometimes with the computerscare blank to cycle images from a folder on the harddrive.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve definitely thought about this. I was considering building it into my Chromakey module, so you could set either a local or online directory and it would pull the images and display them. Configure the turnover time in the right click menu and maybe have another module or expander with trigger inputs to move forwards or backwards between the images, maybe also a knob parameter to change the order in which the images are displayed…

Ideally, I would be able to favourite or tag images and then just pull them directly from the MJ website, but I think that would need some sort of credentials and secure connection because I don’t think you can use the website if you are not a paid up member

Non-MJ users can’t see this page right?

https://www.midjourney.com/app/users/67136b62-0984-4083-aaf4-1f8013e5c9dc/?sort=new

I suppose I could create a GitHub repo and copy images into that, pull them from there… are there space limits on free GitHub repos?

Like you said, lots to think about. Unfortunately I don’t currently have the spare time to actually work on this.

Here are some more images instead:

Correct. We get the front page:

Whilst I am reluctant to promote anything even remotely connected to Meta, we have a new muzak AI, and it has been open sourced: AudioCraft: A simple one-stop shop for audio modeling

That seems to be at the stage that MidJourney was about a year ago - impressive but still firmly in the uncanny valley. I feel like I’ve just listened to the reggae equivalent of a woman with nine twisted fingers on each hand and far too many teeth.

2 Likes

I do this. Using Logan20

6 Likes

Cool visuals

1 Like

Thanks!! I do it by logging the modulations with Logan and using the data on Deforum, the Stable Diffusion animation tool.

That’s pretty interesting. Is it a single prompt?

1 Like

It’s kind of like a base prompt, and then I modulate it using some words or other driven by some cv signal. I use it to change expressions with the music or even blink with some of the sounds. I also have some words with weight and change their value in the same way.

1 Like