Youtube and copyright claims

nice, what is your channel ?

Bit embarrassing but my channel there is using my alter ego from another universe :wink: I keep the two identities separate.

I have been away from Rack for MANY months due to other earthly needs. I haven’t even kept up with Omri’s or Artem’s et al online tutorials.

But I’m amazed at what devs have progressed with plugins. I hope to get back into it soon and post some gems accompanied by Project M on Odysee.

1 Like

My friends and I once covered “Sugar Sugar” (yes, that “Sugar Sugar”). I wanted to put the recording up on my small website, and as a believer in copyright I wanted to license the rights. I think it cost $150 for a year through the Harry Fox agency (who, I guess, are agents for BMI and ASCAP). I forget how many “impressions” I paid for, so I have no idea whether the fee per impression was reasonable. It doesn’t seem small to me.

I’d have wanted your house for that. I can’t stand that song. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, it’s not cheap.

1 Like

I have only been force to perform Karaoke once in my life. On business travel to Korea like 20 years ago. That’s the song I picked.

1 Like

“they must really hate the Vogons, sorry, Koreans”