Your Dream rack on ModularGrid

I thought it would be fun to share with each other our “Dream racks” we made on modular grid :slight_smile:
Here is mine , but still being a student for a few more years, it would not be real until a big while haha :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Ah! A really inexpensive cabinet :smile:

1 Like

The site said 4300 € :upside_down_face: and i already struggle to economise 400 for an electribe 2 :joy:

1 Like

Here’s mine. Not expensive… but mono :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Two rows. $4750. This is why I will NEVER experience Eurorack.

I’m afraid the Neutron is as far as I will ever get into hardware.

Maybe I will splurge for a 0-coast someday, but I think that will pretty much tap me out.

On the other hand, there is that life insurance policy on my wife that expires soon … hmm …

3 Likes

I have spent hours looking for a picture of a ‘babe in a bikini’ with a decent rack playing with a synth. None were SFW :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Semi modular synth seem like a nice compromise, maybe i’ll get myself a neutron too someday, or maybe a mother 32 and a few 2 hp modules ? could be fun…
Also the new behringer Crave will be out soon, and it’s supposed to be the cheapest semi modular ever !
But yeah the neutron has more features :slight_smile:

Another one that could be very fun, for * only * 2250 € :

1 Like

You can always find incredible auctions on modular grid!
I buy second hands modules and the real price of my rack is always alf the price of modular grid.

Since I use Vcv, I have sold everything and restart my euro journey from scratch with only 3U 104hp, with Vcv integration in mind.

0-cost is also really great because it have this MakeNoise signature sound, that I can’t find anywhere else…

2 Likes

Might be a good idea, usually i don’t buy second hand, but for eurorack i might make an exception :joy:
I’ve also been looking at this rack from Lightbath’s channel. It seems like it has enormous possibilities since Mutable instruments modules are so versatile.
Now, I’m quite convinced this is the rack i would go for :

btw that little Ears module can do such fun things !

2 Likes

Maybe this modules… tu connais ?

1 Like

Ca a l’air sympa :slight_smile:

I like Serge having worked on one during my college years at Moorpark College…

1 Like

Been thinking about this again, and i think another nice alternative to the Loom system would be the Erica pico II system

Such a small and versatile system for that price is trully amazing, for a student like me with not much space available it would be truly awesome

oh wow they are about to make a fully analog modular for only 450 € !
they anounce this right as i was getting interested in the pico 2 haha

1 Like

How do you go about choosing a rack? In VCV I add a module and see where it takes me most of the time, adding whatever suits the need, having a fixed rack and making something out of it is a bit alien for me. I’ve tried creating a few fixed racks but I invariably feel like I need some other module to be added when making something.

That pico system is quite appealing, it seems to sound amazing in Andrew Huang’s video but I feel like he could make something incredible out of a plastic bag. I can’t imagine it would be very long before you start thinking about having clouds or whatever.

2 Likes

You have most of your dream rack available already now, and the rest will probably be along in due course. Get yourself a load of knobs (BCR2000, Midifighter, Midilar etc.) and chill :slight_smile: :wink:

Read this too: https://cherryaudio.com/news/2019-08-20/why-modern-digital-synthesis-is-more-analog-than-analog-by-mark-barton !

2 Likes

I agree with you ! Even tough i’d love a hardware modular, i already have a lot of nice hardware and software to make music with.
My plans right now are making music with the stuff i don’t use much in my recent productions :

• Using Reaper and a bunch of nice free vsts that were recomended to me (maybe some Analog lab too)
  • Actually using my Ukulele and Harmonicas in some productions ( i jam a lot on these, but never made serious music with them)
  • Finishing a whole song with Sunvox
  • Trying to make music in other genres i have not explored yet (others than ambient and techno)

It’s also good to try to experiment in new ways with what we already have !

2 Likes

Luckily almost all of these are free in VCV.