Why is paypal no longer available for purchases?

Only seeing Cash App (?) and credit card as options when trying to buy modules?

2 Likes

Same here, bummer. Well maybe itā€™s a sign that I donā€™t really need those.

3 Likes

Same. I live abroad. I was about to buy the Lindenberg Research collection. Now I canā€™t. Itā€™s a shame for me and for the developer.

Can this kindly be fixed so that PayPal is again an option?

Best chance would be to contact VCV support

No paypal = no sale here, quite fancied the Lindenberg collection too.

2 Likes

the salty to be downtalked user again:

No paypal = no sale

Let me be the next!

Support? What support? For Mac?

1 Like

Try emailing support@vcvrack.com

If I see this correctly the checkout system has been changed to stripe or at least a newer version of stripe checkout.

Itā€˜s possible to collect PayPal payments via stripe and given that Andrew has/had a PayPal I think itā€™s likely it will come back soon. Unless there were issues, itā€™s too popular to ignore it (risking revenue).

By default Stripe uses a system to automatically determine the ā€žrightā€œ payment options for each customer (based on device, country, currency, possibly even more intrusive stuff in the background), but I checked on several devices and with different locales and PayPal never showed up.

So fingers crossed Andrew will soon go to the configuration page and reactivate/reconnect PayPalā€¦

(More info here for those interested: Stripe - accept a payment).

3 Likes

Think four days without any reaction to what the customers wants is speaking for its self

2 Likes

Hi @jue

We donā€™t answer support questions on this forum but we have responded to anyone who emailed us asking about resuming the ability to pay for plugins via PayPal. Feel free to contact support@vcvrack.com for this or any other questions.

It definitely is an odd choice (in my opinion) to not post something that either explains the position, the reasons etc, or says so if it is meant to be a temporary situation.

Here (bad internet connection and almost no cell reception, countryside blablabla) using my card means staying by my landline, waiting for the automated call from my bank to confirm and allow the transaction. Not exactly frictionless, right ? So Iā€™ll do it for something I need / really want. Itā€™s a good filter I guess !

See Iā€™ll do it for VCV Pro 3, probably not for modulesā€¦

I know, nobody cares about my story haha.

1 Like

Seeing as youā€™ve responded here, why not include the answer to save others the hassle of emailing and save yourself the hassle of replying?

Perhaps someone who emailed and got a response would be kind enough to share it here.

5 Likes

----- the salty to be down talked user again:

Seeing as youā€™ve responded here, why not include the answer to save others the hassle of emailing and save yourself the hassle of replying?

----- Think they want to keep all their secrets hidden from the customers?

Perhaps someone who emailed and got a response would be kind enough to share it here.

----- Think this could be not so nice for the customer?

----- Checked PayPal on the website now but its still not there

1 Like

That is a really strange approach to customer service.

4 Likes

"Thanks for contacting support!

We have just migrated our payment provider from Shopify to Stripe, and we we will be adding a PayPal Express button next to our Stripe checkout button in hopefully 1-2 weeks. In the meantime you can use many alternative payment methods including cards in any currency. We apologize for the inconvenience."

8 Likes

Thank you @contemporaryinsanity for doing this !

Well, Iā€™d say that adding that to the shopping page is definitely possibleā€¦ Why not doing it ? That is definitely weirdā€¦

Thank you for posting this. It is kind of weird that VCV never just made a simple announcement.

1 Like

This isnā€™t true at all, although @pgatt doesnā€™t handle payment-related customer support, I do. Because I work on VCV development and donā€™t have time to visit this forum often, itā€™s best to direct your payment-related questions to VCV - Support where you can usually get answers within 24 hours.

We are actively working on developing PayPal Checkout integration with our store. We expect that development will take about 1ā€“2 weeks, so you will soon see a ā€œPayPal Checkoutā€ button after adding modules to your cart.

In the meantime, we offer several alternative payment methods such as credit/debit cards of any currency, Cash App, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Bancontact, EPS, giropay, and iDEAL. We apologize for this inconvenience while we bring PayPal Checkout back to the VCV store.

9 Likes

Hey no problem, I understand, Iā€™m sure everyone does. A little communication goes a long way.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer, Andrew. Just checked the payment methods and there is still no Google Pay, Apple Pay or giropay. These methods are common and therefore I could use them. But I donā€™t have a credit card and the other methods are quiet exotic to me. But itā€™s good to hear, that PayPal will be again available soon. Cheers