Which module to measure the frequency of an LFO / VCO

So for me the same result is also with 44,1kHz. If you go further down with the frequency, it won’t work anymore.What @synthi has written above about the features of its modules will surely be correct.

ok some logic here

the hottuna and grantunismo use yin detector that is sampling rate dependent (because inner buffer for the detection are unchanged, they have less time available for the detection with higher rates)

and yes @jaynothin at 44.1 kHz the 21.7 Hz can be still detected but at 48 kHz for a correct detection is 23.5 Hz at 22 kHz the limit is 10.85 Hz there aresome linearities here… I guess the limit for 88.2 kHz is 43.5 Hz

2 Likes

IIRC the P2V instead uses a wavelet detector, much faster, and less power, but less precise

Thank you for clarifying. :+1:

2 Likes

I use Alikins “Specific Value” for measuring outputs. Maybe this could help also.

Alikins Specific Value

Thanks for the info on Alikins. But I think that the “Hot Tuna” or “Gran Tunismo” are very suitable for frequency measurement. To be honest, I have not been able to measure higher frequencies either with “Specific Value”. The display always flutters so much that I can’t read anything.