which module(s) ?

Hi,

Which modules for:

1. drawing, retouching a wave from:

a) an oscillator?

b)an ADSR ?

c)a LFO ?

2. getting a gated sound? (Square wave LFO on release button of an ADSR?)

3. which looks like a Gater and more specifically to insert a curve at each stage of the gate in order to characterize it (see Massive LFO)?

4. inserting a loop ito a part an ADSR or LFO?

5. having a playlist?

6. making a bus in a mixer?

7. playing an audio file imported?

8. recording a sound from a module?

9. changing the tempo?

10. playing on the velocity from midi controller?

thanks

you might possibly spend the smallest amount of time searching this forum before posting so many questions in a single post.

4 Likes

Sure, I’ll take a shot off the top of my head without looking it up. Let’s see what I know.

1. Not sure what you mean by drawing, but maybe Shapemaster, it lets you draw shapes to use as an envelope or LFO.
  2. Square LFO - fundamental LFO, ADSR - VCV or BogAudio, button to trigger ADSR - Button from RJ modules
  3. Ceis is an ADSR that has an output for each stage, you could warp them and put them back together with a mixer or something, I dunno.
  4. Huh?
  5. Playlist of what? Maybe try Winamp?
  6. Mindmeld Mixers has 4 aux busses to use with an expander. Squinky has a few auxs too i think.
  7. Any of the sample players, simpliciter from nysthi and the sampler from lomax are my go tos.
  8. Simpliciter if you want to mangle it, vcv recorder if you’re recording stems for a DAW
  9. LFO into the tempo input of Clocked
  10. Midi-CV from VCV.
1 Like

[edit - robb beat me to it.]

To be fair, if you don’t know what some thing or some feature is called, there’s no glossary that will help you figure out what to search for.

That being said, I gotta say that most of the questions are somewhat ambiguous, but I think I can take a whack at some of them.

This is the easiest. VCV’s “REC” or “Recorder” should fill most of your recording needs.

It depends on want you want to do with the audio file, they all have different features, but the magic keyword to search for is “sampler”.

If you mean a list of audio files, then some sampler modules support loading multiple files, which you can typically select with a Control Voltage.

Many “clock generator” (that’s the keyword) modules have a CV input that will determine the interval between pulses, or BPM. In what way do you want the tempo to change? Even a pair of simple LFOs, with, say, a slow triangle wave from one plugged into the FM CV jack of the next will give you a square wave from the second one that speeds up and slows down periodically. Adjusting the smaller “FM CV” knob will determine by how much the CV affects the tempo.

Also look up “clock modulator”.

Er… what? Something like MindMeld’s “ShapeMaster” module? There are other, simpler, modules that allow drawing or dialling in an envelope. Look up “envelope generator” and/or “function generator” and pick one with a big blank window to draw in.

2 Likes
  1. which module to import midi file?

yes! Entrian Player Timeline

see:

1 Like

Entrian is a great option for MIDI import. @Squinky Seq++ also highly recommended:

1 Like

Can you tell me where(toward which module?) you must plug V/Tr;Gt/Ac,Vel of Entrian Player Timeline?

What are the signification for

-V/Tr

-Gt/Ac

The outputs are:

• Column 1. V/Oct (for Melody clips), CV (for CV clips) or Trigger (for Drum clips).
  • Column 2. Gate (for Melody or CV clips) or Accent (for Drum clips).
  • Column 3. Velocity (for all clips; yes, CV segments have velocity, why not? :slight_smile: )

(Hopefully that also answers your question about which modules you should plug them into.)

I recommend reading the user manual here: Entrian Sequencers: VCV Rack Plugin - Entrian Audio

Sometimes it is helpful to say thanks for answering the first 10 questions before adding the 11th immediately followed by the 12th.

:hushed:

7 Likes

What does mean and what is the difference between:

Melody clip

CV clip

Must i plug output V/Oct to VCO ?

A Melody clip specifies pitched notes: C, C#, D, etc. You’d send the output to a VCO, as you say, to play an audible melody or a chord sequence.

A CV clip specifies control voltages, so you’d use that to control the parameters of other modules: a filter’s cutoff frequency, or a mixer track’s pan or volume, for example…

I wouldn’t hold my breath with this guy :joy: