What are you reading?

Definitely worth a read.

btw, I’m reading the EMS Synthi f’n manual and the educational book. I really like the way everything is explained…and I have almost finished to replicate it on VcvRack…I’m also going to recreate the matrix using the pads of the beatstep pro :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sharing the patch ?

why not, as soon as I finish it! my roadmap says “later” :upside_down_face: I am very busy these days.

I have seen that @Deev and @VCVRackIdeas have already done it. I have not looked at their projects, so expect something to be wrong from mine…I am doing it just for fun :beers:

No problem :sunglasses:

done!

1 Like

3 Likes

Très beau travail, @ale47p :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Haruki Murakami’s Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World (1985)

I’m about 1/3 of the way through it and am still not quite sure what the story is. So far, 1Q84 is my favourite by him.

4 Likes

thank you Marc, but the only thing I know in french is something like “je ne parlais pas francais” or something similar :rofl:

1 Like

Part Rolling Stone article and accompanying video.

3 Likes

That looks very cool. I have a friend who’s suffering creatively because of COVID. He was rehearsing music he’d written for a fourteen piece band, then as he puts it, “nothin’”. All his gigs are done for now too. Did you find it worthwhile?

Yeah it’s an interesting read and quite inspirational. I still haven’t finished it yet but there is a lot about how they got into music, how jazz developed, how they became Buddhists, and how jazz is similar in nature to Buddhism (or at least this particular branch). I would definitely recommend it, if it’s not inspirational in a musical sense it probably will be in a spiritual sense.

Bill Bruford’s autobiography

2 Likes

Filter book good?

2 Likes

One of the funniest books I’ve read in my life.

Re-reading Rick Taube’s superb book on algorithmic composition.

Rearranged my bookshelf! Here’s most of the computer + music stuff (not showing the shelves of sheet music and theory books and other things I like to read)…

Currently reading some not-pictured Andy Weir short stories for my weekly book club. We’ve been doing short stories since the beginning of March, and the consistency of it has been reassuring in these crazy months!

4 Likes

Six months ago I stopped having to do the work commute where I would read every day for an hour on the bus and since then I’ve not read a single ‘proper’ book, though I’ve regressed into childhood by signing up to Marvel Unlimited for a year and I’ve read hundreds of comics. The last book I was reading and haven’t yet finished was The Three-Body Problem which was pretty average though I probably missed a load of deeper references you’d have to be Chinese to pick up on.