What are you listening to?

Génial :gem::slightly_smiling_face:

Jet · Ben Klock · Paul Kalkbrenner · Ellen Allien · Apparat

2 Likes

This works surprisingly well.

Warp & Weft by Robin Rimbaud - Scanner (you’ll probably know / or may want to know this artist if you’re a nerd of hardware synths, obscure musical devices and unconventional uses of technologies to create weird sounds)

the whole album is free to download (Warp & Weft | Scanner) and here are the liner notes:

These are strange times for many people. Creativity can be one distraction to offer personal solace, and in recent months I’ve dived in deep into an ocean of projects. Some of these are very much of the moment, capturing the spirit of the process. Indeed my last studio album, An Ascent (An Ascent (DiN63) | Scanner | DiN) was created entirely live to tape. In light of this I recently saw that my musical friend, Jogging House, from Germany, had released a free collection of sample sounds. As he wrote: "Reel Feels is a collection of sounds, made to spur creativity in tough times. From warm to weird, from luscious to lo-fi. This sound pack is meant to be chopped apart, granulized, layered, filtered, drowned in reverb and all the other good things. Just dive in, explore the pieces and make them your own. " And so I did just that. What you hear here are sounds from this pack played through the Make Noise Morphagene and Ciat-Lonbarde Cocoquantus, accompanied by the Teenage Engineering OP-1 on some pieces, or the Mutable Instruments Plaits module on others. They were all performed and recorded entirely live, with no sequencing, no editing, and no plugins. I hope you enjoy this little look into the window of my studio for a moment, and why not download the original samples from Jogging House here: Reel Feels (Sound Pack) | Jogging House

More than a cover :

3 Likes

Great artist. Je ne le connaissais pas. Merci for share :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

James Holden - The Caterpillar’s Invention

(and Autechre’s Tri Repetae and that church organ awesomeness from up there :arrow_up:)

1 Like

I saw this a few weeks ago and fell in love:

8 Likes

Yep this is very well done :smiley:

1 Like

If Your drummer is sick:

Enjoy !

4 Likes

Varied and inspiring. I wish only that it came with pics or videos of the rigs & patches (or patch files!), like we often get with the music created and shared in this community:

connected #1 is the first compilation from i u we records, a new label focussing on the beauty of female diversity in electronic music. Founded and curated by Panic Girl, this first compilation contains nine carefully chosen tracks composed by innovative electronic artists from all around the world, who use their modular synthesizers to create their unique sonic worlds.

1 Like

Chipmetal !

1 Like
1 Like

Rick Wakeman returns to the style of his first solo albums with The Red Planet, released earlier this year.

4 Likes

1 Like

A « The Six Wives Of Henry VIII » like :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
1 Like

Really amazing album from an Istanbul group that has a very wide range; this one is sort of a Turkish Black Sabbath + jazz combo:

that is a super great version, thank you

I recently compiled an ambient mix and while I was looking for new music on Bandcamp I found some very good tracks which also happen to be “name your price”:

Nameyourprice” on Bandcamp means the author allows you to download the tracks or the whole release for free, even in high resolution, but you’re also welcome to donate as much as you want. It’s an effective technique to draw attention to your music.

Off topic here, but I have a long list of ambient labels whose catalog is entirely free if anyone needs it.

2 Likes