What are you listening to?

I love this Album, and now it come on Vinyl

5 Likes

2 Likes

World Soundtrack Awards 2018: Philippe Sarde - Générique from ‘Le Locataire’

5 Likes

I’ve been listening a lot to this track lately. It’s from our very own Paul Piko and it just has a profound sense of peace and harmony in it. If you’re having one of those days, where you really just need some stillness and quiet into your soul, I highly recommend listening to this on repeat.

3 Likes

Thanks Lars. I’m pleased it has the desired effect :slight_smile:

And thanks to lighbath for the inspiration.

1 Like

A bit of chilled glitchy dub from Pole today :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s been a long time since I listened to Vangelis. A lot of the early work was unknown to me. Really enjoyed the first part of Heaven & Hell. But in the synth genre Movement 1 from Soil Festivities is really nice.

5 Likes

Yeah, I love that album. If you don’t know it already then definately check out ‘Mask’ as well.

1 Like

I heard Jon Anderson tell some Vangelis stories when I saw him in a small venue in Melbourne in 2013. Just like this video:

5 Likes

If there is anyone who has not read this chestnut, it’s a must. And if you like that record “Close to the Edge”, well, it’s a double must. Interview withe Eddie Offord on the making of that record. Notes From the Edge - Conversation with Eddy Offord [NFTE #234]

3 Likes

Thanks for this. Love Andersons voice when he is in top form, like here :

3 Likes

There are some great insights in there.

Doppler effect on Siberian Khatru by swinging the microphone around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just re-watched The Year Of Living Dangerously (1982), starring Mel Gibson and Sigourney Weaver. Great performance by Linda Hunt as Billy Kwan.

Original music by Maurice Jarre, and a track by Vangelis, L’enfant

6 Likes

I love watching jams with synths i own, to spark some creativity with my current stuff :slight_smile: here’se one i liked and put in the background while reviewing

4 Likes

Wonderful peak behind the curtains of the recording process, and all the weirdness and travails. For my money “Close To The Edge” is one of the greatest pieces in rock history, just a phenomenal and very moving album. But I’ve always been into prog, so… :slight_smile: I think it was one of the first 5 albums I bought.

3 Likes

One of my all-time favorite movie composers, just a genius. I love the soundtrack to ‘Witness’ (and the movie as well).

2 Likes

And it’s another Peter Weir film :slight_smile: (along with Gallipoli.,The Year Of Living Dangerously, and Picnic At Hanging Rock, and others)

1 Like

Yup! And ‘The Mosquito Coast’, another great Maurice Jarre, Peter Weir and Harrison Ford combo. Love that film and great soundtrack …

3 Likes

Talking about Harrison Ford, there’s this recent career in review video:

2 Likes

That was a good one. I’m a big fan of Harrison. I like his acting, I like most of his movies, and he seems by all accounts to just be a really swell guy, with no airs and graces, full of humor and just a really decent person. Someone you’d want to hang out with. This interview is hilarious:

2 Likes