What are you listening to?

Very nice, long ambient piece by Lightbath. Perfect as background music for work/coding/concentration.

I heard babe Ruth do a cover of King Kong on tv recently.

that was released way back in 1972

50 years ago … :flushed: :grimacing:

1 Like

so relaxing … :sunglasses:

1 Like

Today I read The Goon Sax are ending. Some Oath Keeper wore a Descendents t-shirt to congress. New Black MIDI video out.

Some russian noise rock band. Found them today. Not bad. Could’ve been more interesting and\or heavy though…

1 Like

The whole Autechre discography

… Again

1 Like

Isn’t that like an entire week’s worth of constant listening ? :smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

Great stuff in there!

1 Like

Definitely some wonderful worlds to explore!

Found this on YouTube:

Moebius Neumeier Engler - Other Places (Bureau B) [Full Album] - YouTube

Never knew Moebius was so prolific!! So many different styles!

you heard this old “classic”? I got it when it came out:

1 Like

Nope, looks I’m going to have go harvesting the Bureau B CDs when I get paid again!

The longest part is to listen to elseq’s and NTS sessions one more time once I’m finished, cuz I’m still kinda discovering the material. So yeah it’s a hell of a ride

1 Like

But totally worth it.

1 Like

Absolutely. Crazy stuff.

I listen to every music genre and as many pioneering musicians as I can since I’m a child, and sometimes I stick to an artist/genre for a few years and am usually done with it ; but Autechre is one of the few artists I consistently come back to since I first listened to them in 2006.

Now I’m into VCV Rack, I try things with sequencers to generate this rhythmical, ever-evolving abstract feeling ;

And I randomly learned today that one of my fav Autechre tracks - Fold4,Wrap5 - was using Risset rhythms. I stumbled upon a research paper ; unfortunately my math is very poor. I understand roughly how it’s done and what it does, but my take would simply a saw LFO on one sequencer, and the inverted saw on another, and it would be a musical disaster. So I kinda want to be able to understand what this paper says.

http://c4dm.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/papers/2011/Stowell2011icmc.pdf

A video replicating the rhythm part in SuperCollider :

So I might take math lessons, and not only for Risset rhythms, I feel constantly sweating while trying to intuitively replicating the kind of music made by people with a deep understanding of math. Over time I have in mind a very basic pseudo-algorhithm of the workflow I want, and I think I’m 50% done, but for the rest, I fear I have to dig deeper into logic first, then into maths to use better curves, more ‘organic’ movement and not just lfos’ and repeating CV feeds.

Anyway, I have consulted Google to see if somebody implemented Risset rhythms in VCV, and it happens that you are indeed working on a module : let’s say I am very, very interested by this project :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hmmm, Count Modula has a Shepard Tone Generator, maybe it can be used for a Trigger frequency? :thinking:

1 Like