What are you listening to?

One of those “where did the time go” moments earlier when I realised it’s been 20 years since ESP released their debut

1 Like

Bloody hell, that is truly beautiful!!! Never heard of this group! Another one to hunt down!

Just found this on YouTube, so let’s play ambient drone tennis!! Is it possible to make these sounds in VCV Rack, but where to start?

Prime Vertical - Escapist Eschaton (2022) - YouTube

1 Like

One of my most happy musical “findings” in the last couple of years has been “Michel Banabila”. Intricate and interesting rhythms, wonderful use of samples and loops, and a very organic and nature inspired sound that is really pleasant to listen to. I find it to be highly inspiring.

3 Likes

Floating (Apple Music Playlist). I created this a week or two ago and it’s pretty much all I’ve been listening to since. It has an hour and 40 minutes of tracks dating back to 1978 (Eno’s 2/2) right up to 2021 (Nala Sinephro’s Space 8). The tracks are on the mellower side of electronic music. Most are pretty much all electronic but a few also use acoustic instruments.

2 Likes

Yes absolutely, take the track of your choice, a sequencer, an oscillator and a filter and lay down the melody (or the bass line, if you want to start from the bottom up).

Repeat this process with every sonic element you hear in the track, until it sounds as identical as possible.

IMO this is the best way to learn sound desing.

1 Like

It’s also the best way to learn to compose with multiple instruments, and learn song structure. IMO. Something I’ve always had trouble with.

1 Like

Yes, I remember the old days when I sat down at the radio and recorded songs to cassette tapes, and then I took my guitar and figured out the chord progressions. :sunglasses:

From Porcupine Tree’s latest album CLOSURE / CONTINUATION

2 Likes

Some classic rock…

4 Likes

One of my favorites from back in the early days of psychedelic heavy metal bands.

You know your are pretty ripped when “In the garden of eden” comes out as “IN A GADDA DA VIDA” :wink:

I was 16 when this came out.

1 Like

Almost the same age as the guitarist (17).

1 Like

This is one of my favorite modular performances:

6 Likes
1 Like

Klaus Schulze’s last album, Deus Arrakis, just released

4 Likes
6 Likes

What a nice cover art!

1 Like

Man… she really is the master in the new time, IMHO. Like the spirit (apropos above) of Klaus Schulze and Bob Moog passed into her and hatched a star-synth-child. To watch her perform is a jaw dropping experience. Great stuff.

1 Like