What are you listening to?

I might have some Peter Gabriel :wink:

4 Likes

Hopeless collector :smile:

4 Likes

Correct!

Why else would I have Kate Bush on MiniDisc and vinyl (and CD not in the picture)? :grin:

2 Likes

I never know her “back in the day”. motivated to check her out by my incessant clicking on prog rock and classic rock “articles”.

1 Like

Another band from AU, but this time not Brisbane. Always liked these crazy folks, but until I saw a live video didn’t quite get that they are a real “band”.

2 Likes

yeah they’ve done a few things with King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard, I like them a lot

just found out about that collab yesterday also. I have to confess to “only” having 4 or 5 albums from King Gizzard. Ah yes, your video is I think the first song from the first album?

Reminds me now - collaboration and bands with lots of albums. Circle are pretty great, and their new collab with Richard Dawson is good:

Laura Marling popped up a lot on the soundtrack of a TV show called Everything I Know About Love (which I thought was great) recently and I first came across her from this collab she did with Mystery Jets

but, her singer songwriter solo stuff like this is killer IMO

One of my favorite chinese bands. Very creative and unique even for weird chinese underground scene

1 Like

The Utopia Strong’s new album

1 Like

For some reason Oscar Peterson came up tin conversation today and my SO had not heard this; Rick Beato calls it possibly the best solo ever - ok RB is known for hyperbole but the faces of the other 2 guys trying to follow what is going on on the piano says it all. Impressive stuff.

6 Likes

Peterson, Thigpen and Brown - one of my favourite groups.

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

But seriously, I had a big grin on my face. I’m pretty sure I have - or had, before I’d sold most of my CDs - a fair amount of the original tracks in my collection. And I’d neglected those - not sure if a lot of this jazzy Lounge Trip Hop stuff really passed the test of time. Was fun rediscovering them, recontextualized as a (kind of) Dark Souls soundtrack at that :smiley:

3 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes