What are you listening to?

Tomorrow I’ll play a load of classic Depeche Mode in memory of AF, but been watching this clip of CCR at Woodstock and trying to work out why the hell Fogerty thought it so subpar it should be left off the Woodstock soundtrack album. Born on the Bayou hits its groove just fine to my ears.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I miss the late Richard Wright on a regular basis. I absolutely love this piece, Waves, from his first solo album “Wet Dream”, which is a lovely album with a few gems on it.

4 Likes

Totally agree :sunglasses:

Mel Collins sax all over it, very nice.

Talking of sax…

…there would/should have been more sax here, but at this point in the gig, legend has it Sarah Smith had been bouncing around so violently most of the sax’s keys had fallen off. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a revelation. I love a lot of African music and I recognise the traditional East African forms here.

2 Likes

Yeah, I find his sax playing on that album incredible.

:smile:

Right? I’ve been following the guy on Youtube for a while, but mainly for the interesting DIY, not to much the… acid squelchs but this stuff is crazy cool!

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

Nala Sinephro

3 Likes

All day Every day: somafm.com

2 Likes

the original (not the cover by Joan Jett):

1 Like

Cool ! I didn’t know that this song is so old :sunglasses: 2 years before I finished my school time. And we ran around with this stylish clothes and hair styles … LOL

1 Like

If you are THAT Dave Phillips, “A collection of Hair” is the grossest thing ever. Love it. If not, i am sorry and please forget it.

As for the topic, i listen to this (right now) - Farflung – A Wound In Eternity (not sure how to embed a youtube video here)

maybe an amazing perfomance … yet interesting music

2 Likes

A bit disappointed that they didn’t perform “Tied Up In Nottz”

lord of the dance

Nope, not THAT Dave Phillips, I’m the other one. :slight_smile:

I especially love the “Mission Control” channel.