.wav on the fly?

I love the Voxglitch Autobreak from @clone45 and nysthi’s simpliciter for chopping up samples. Im a drummer and live performer, and would love a way to do these slice-ups live. Autobreak doesnt allow “push” of .wavs and Simpliciter has stability issues on my system. Does anyone have a recommendation for live-sampling into an autobreak workflow?

2 Likes

SickoSampler is very stable, records in real-time and can modulate loop start/end points, so it’s worth a look. Sadly however, I haven’t found anything that works the same as the mighty Simpliciter, which randomly bombs out rack on Windows now. Maybe we’ll get an update if we ask @synthi really nicely…please? :wink:

3 Likes

For crashes and any bug, really, providing the developer with a reliable, preferably minimal, repro goes a loooong way towards getting it fixed.

1 Like

Hi! Can you describe what “pushing” .wav files would do? Maybe I can update Autobreak or create a new module for live slicing?

Cheers,
Bret

2 Likes

Instead of loading existing wav files, it could receive sampled clips in real time. Essentially sampling to a buffer and using that instead of actual wavs.

@clone45 I stumbled upon my own post searching for this functionality again :slight_smile: Can you imagine an Autobreak with trigger-activated “record” + “record length”? OMG, that would be crazy cool. Kind of a punch in/out delay but with all the Autobreak freakiness. If you’re sitting on a wish list please gently lay this on top.

And thanks for all the great toys. Lovely tools.

1 Like

Interesting! What if, instead of a trigger input for recording, we’d use a gate input?

Using a gate signal would make the a record length setting unnecessary. You might need to string a few small modules together to produce the record length, but that’s not terrible since it gives you a lot of flexibility.

Hmm. It might be a good time to create a new version of the original Autobreak. I think that the ratchet input might not be functioning correctly, or is difficult (even for me) to get working correctly.

Also, sorry… I’m not always notified of replies to my postings. Feel free to @clone45 , which I think alerts me!

2 Likes

Yes - exactly! A dream scenario would be to utilize AB Studio’s Memory Bank structure…

Consider me a guinea pig at the ready!