Vult Announcements Thread

Wonderful!

But exactly what bypass behavior was implemented?

I really like how Bogaudio documents bypass behavior. The doc for each module explicitly states what the bypass behavior is.

Any chance the Vult docs could be updated in a similar way?

Most of my modules have straightforward functions. I implemented what seemed most natural. If you bypass any of the filters, the input will go into the output. The same for the effects. Sources like oscillators or any other kind of sound generator does not have bypass, like Trummor 2 or Vessek.

2 Likes

Thanks

I think what you mean is voltage modulators (audio or CV) pass the input through to the output when bypassed.

And voltage generators (audio or CV) have no output (or output a constant 0V) when bypassed.

But not everything is that straight forward. What is the natural or expected behavior of a bypassed VCA? Or Envelope generator with built in VCA? Or a mixer with VCA capabilities? I’m not sure everyone would have the same opinion, which is why explicit documentation helps. (Although it is not hard to do the empirical test for a given module, I really like complete documentation)

In the case of VCV modules - I don’t think the implementation is consistent.

For example, the VCV VCA passes the input unmodified to the output if bypassed.

But each VCA within VCV VCA MIX outputs 0V if the module is bypassed. To me it would make sense if the individual VCAs passed the input through to the output, but the MIX output would be 0V.

I see that your SLAP module passes the input through when bypassed. Makes sense to me, but I’m not sure everyone would assume that is the behavior.

Regardless of documentation - I love your modules! I think your modules are documented at least as well as the average, if not better. I just happen to be among those (a minority?) that really appreciate thorough documentation.

1 Like

thanks for the additional fun!

I’m a little behind with documenting modules. It takes me more time than actually developing modules and it is less fun. The good thing is that the documentation for all the modules is available on GitHub here and any help is appreciated https://github.com/modlfo/VultModules/tree/page-src/content

Right now I’m preparing the new thing so stay tuned.

5 Likes

side link to this thread, which never went anywhere but raises some related questions:

1 Like

@modlfo this chorus is absolute ear candy! Instantly turns any subtractive voice into a vibe! I used S&H to ever so slightly vary the chorus rate on each gate. Thanks for adding those CV inputs.

4 Likes

I have a new blog post on the Vult site. It is not software related, but I’ll link it here: https://www.vult-dsp.com/post/fuser-a-simple-but-effective-module

10 Likes

“It’s been an odyssey…” :smile:

Anima (part of the Vult Mysteries) is out.

You can check the documentation here Vult Modules for VCV Rack

19 Likes

Nobody interested in Anima should miss this.

Great module, great overview–I think this is a standout even by @Omri_Cohen 's high standards. Wonderful work all around!

7 Likes

There’s book #7 in Douglas Adams’ Hitchiker’s series.

2 Likes

Truly wonderful module and the Man Omri, wow! ! Will Omri provide the patches on Patch Storage?

Thank you so much for sharing, I did not know Omri was a flautist!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I don’t consider myself a flute player. I’m just having fun :slight_smile: I will upload the patches now, no problem.

3 Likes

Thanks Omri - love your work!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Check out my latest blog post about back-porting Feigen https://www.vult-dsp.com/post/designing-analog-modules-is-fun-but-digital-are-simpler

Feigen is one of the modules that, to my taste, produces some very nice sequences. That’s why I have gone to so much effort to have it on my real rack.

8 Likes

what is a real rack? You mean the expensive kind ppl used to have before they could do it for free?

4 Likes

Yes. The rack that is not virtual.

5 Likes