Voxglitch Community Feedback

I prefer having to click the button to have the step enabled. It is more explicit. It might be confusing if you had something triggering and weren’t on the probability view. You wouldn’t know why it was triggering until you look at the probability and see that there was a 1% chance of triggering.

4 Likes

beside the visual (GUI) difference I don’t see any real difference between
“hit with low probability” and “not hit with high probability”
at 50% both should be hit with the same amount,
and "hit with… " 25% should be the same as “not hit with…” at 75%,

so imho there is no use to have the same feature in two different visual representations.

4 Likes

I see. Thanks @jeremy & @rsmus7 for your thoughts. I have to agree that it’s probably not worth the hassle. :thinking:

On the other hand I definitely would like to suggest @clone45 adding some workflow assistance tricks. I.e.:

A) Alt-click onto one of the button inverts all buttons of the track.

B) Alt-click onto one of the knobs inverts all knobs.

exactly. that works, you put the samples on a certain grid where they fit in a beat, or a bar. My thoughts are mainly for drums. I have a little program it’s called octachainer. You can dump as many as 256 samples into that program and it sets it on a grid of your choice on export. If I then import that chain into a DAW, they ARE evenly spaced on that grid, which falls into place of a certain BPM

There is a program called Octachainer. There you can choose a maximum of 256 samples per chain and it exports that chain with every sample evenly spaced on a grid of a certain chosen BPM. perfect!

1 Like

Also made this:

3 Likes

I LOVE the conversations in this channel!

I’ve been out most of today, but I’m planning on getting some work done. Specifically, I’m going to work on the “snap” setting for the “Offset” parameter lock for @secretcinema . :+1:

In the meantime, I have two ideas to run past everyone! First, what’s your first impression of this layout with a second row of parameter locks? Too crowded?

Secondly, any thoughts on this idea? :+1: :-1: :question:

5 Likes

Definitely cool, to have an expanded Autobreak module. A visible break location is a plus for sure.

If you place your samples on the grid in a DAW, it works. Multichannel wavefiles are also a bit out of my league. Never used it, but could be interesting.

Not too crowded for me. 2 layers are fine

1 Like

And what I wanted to say a million posts back was, it would be nice to make the whole selection button click able, what I meant was clicking on the “word” volume or pan etc (the whole grey area) would also change the selection.Sometimes when you’re zoomed out it’s hard to click the light to the left, but the words are still readable and easily click able.And two rows are not too crowded.

2 Likes

I like the two rows. Maybe to go along with offset, there could be ‘end’ for the end position?

2 Likes

I think the 2nd row can definitely work but the labels are a bit big and dominant due to their size and a lighter coloured background than used elsewhere - perhaps they could be made a bit smaller? Something like the Volume and Attack in the image below maybe?

You could try using the same ‘lighter’ background colour used in other parts of the design (like on the volume in my image above) or maybe try without any backgrounds at all and have the labels ranged left to the LED buttons - and if you did that then you could maybe try aligning the LED buttons vertically with the odd numbered knobs… like on the Pan and Decay in my image.

Another option would be to run a subtle background behind the entire section of param buttons/labels rather than individually - which is what you seem to be doing elsewhere in the design. Something like this… (quick/rough vis in photoshop - label type has gone bad due to cutting out the background colour around it.)

or something like this, with or without the label backgrounds. I’ve also adjusted the general spacing of sections a little to give a bit more room for the bottom section and a little more space above the jacks at the top.

Yep - “Start” and “End” would be good. (‘Start’ perhaps better than ‘Offset’ if there is an ‘End’ too)

1 Like

This is definitely on the horizon. I may have mentioned this a while back, but I’ll reiterate just in case: This is a temporary front panel. I’m hoping to work with a graphic designer eventually to make it look amazing! I’m hoping that the final buttons will look something like this:

(Back-lit text.) In the short term, I’ll see if I can make the entire parameter lock label click-able.

Great observation. I like your coloring for the VOLUME knob.

I’ll make that change once I add the second row.

I like this idea too. I’ll follow your lead. :bowing_man:

(And @jeremy) Totally - this makes sense to me as well. I’ll plan on making this happen!

I’m glad that eveyone is cool with the two rows of pattern locks.

Thanks for all of the great ideas!!

6 Likes

It would be nice to have a setting with knobs to delay (or maybe pull\push) the trigger for the chosen step… Like up to one beat maybe, something like a very customisable swing. Just an idea, if it’s not possible, that’s fine!

Unfortunately, I don’t think that’s possible for me to add given the current code. My sincere apologies.

No apologies needed! Thanks for answering! As i thought, if it would be possible, it’d be already there…

@Andre_M It’s my pleasure. I often release modules with bare-minimum features, then continue adding features based on people’s feedback. Always feel welcome to send me your ideas!! :bowing_man:

1 Like

I would second this idea (as well as the swing idea from an earlier post). I always appreciate you taking in so many ideas / feature requests!

Just to check: if you had your own bpm / clock division inside the module, or waited a couple of clock pulses for calculation, would it be possible then to shift triggers slightly?

Or wouldn’t it be possible to use special „ratchet“ patterns to shift the 2nd trigger and just kill the initial step trigger?

So we could use a fixed shift like this

1-0-0-0-0-0-0

0-1-0-0-0-0-0

0-0-1-0-0-0-0 etc.

That gives us 7 positions, which is more than enough I guess.

Just another idea, as you now have some space in the 2nd row :slight_smile:

2 Likes