Visually browse plugins

Appologies if this has been discussed before but I couldn’t find any mention of it.

Is there some way to visually browse plugins?

On the main VCV Rack web page there’s a nice overview of the built-in modules. But I have yet to find anything visual for the plug-ins. I know it would be way more space on a page but being able to visually look through plugins would be very useful.

Similarlly, it would be really useful in VCV Rack when you are searching for a module to add to your patch, if a scaled down image of the module could be seen in the menu.

In fact, it would be great of there was a module chooser/browser rather than a right-click menu to insert a module. From a UI perspective, a module “case” could be on the left or right that could be opened out and then you could scroll through the images of the modules that were currently available (currently installed), when done, it collapses out of the way.

Welcome! Rack v1 will have exactly what you’re asking for: Rack v1 development blog

In the meantime, if you want to browse through the panels of most of the available modules, this page is your friend: https://mi-rack.github.io/catalog/gallery/

2 Likes

Thank you!