Very slow slew limiter

Hi everybody, does anyone know a very very slow slew limiter on vcv? I have steps of voltage changing every 18 seconds, I tried the Befaco slew limiter and the new ARC from Nano modules but they are too fast, or maybe they are constant-rate slews and not constant-time slews. Thanks in advance, if someone has an idea.

Bog slew has a slow setting that makes it 10x slower, so 10sec become 100 seconds.

2 Likes

You can get a really slow ramp with VCV’s Process module, especially if you bring the Slew knob all the way up to 10000ms/V in combination with high voltage in the Slew input port.

Somebody here can verify the math but from my quick observation :

• If slew input port = 0V, the rate will be 10000ms/V (with the Slew knob all the way up)
  • If slew input port = 1V, the rate will be 20000ms/V
  • If slew input port = 2V, the rate will be 40000ms/V

So put something really high in the slew input port, and you should get your very slow slew limiter :slight_smile:

4 Likes

hmmm… debating whether another seriously slow module is needed :rofl:

4 Likes

I was going to suggest that you’d need a seriously slow clock first but obviously you’d just use Seriously Slow LFO

it wouldn’t suck at all to get some more FW goodness. :slight_smile:

love your work!!

That sounds interesting but as I understand this is a constant-rate slew limiter, I need more a constant-time slew limiter, since the step I want to smooth are quite different from each other. I’m gonna try it anyway, thanks :slight_smile:

That’s a constant-rate slew, too, as I read in the manual the timing are for 10V-changes. Thanks anyway

Correct, constant rate it is.

Forgot to mention that in my initial reply.

Not entirely sure what’s available in the library for constant time slew. I once had a little construct (with just the VCV fundamentals) that would somewhat accomplish this, but it’s hidden in my archives. If I can dig it up, I’ll post it here.

EDIT sorry not slow enough :frowning_face:

1 Like

I was trying to patch the same voltage that I want to smooth in the slew input too, but I can’t understand how matematically the rate’s change is related with the voltage patched in. Is it maybe K*2⌃V (where K is the knob value and V is the voltage patched in the slew input)?

Makes sense, I checked a few values and measured the ramp’s duration with Nysthi’s timer utility and K*2^V checks out :nerd_face:

K V Rate (ms/V)
100 0 100
100 1 200
100 2 400
100 3 800
100 4 1600
1 Like

FYI the new SlewLFO from @BlackNoiseModular does slew times of up to 33 hours :eyes:. You need to click on the capacitor slot to add a big capacitor though.

6 Likes