=== very cool patch challenge, edition 37 ===

The fact is… That you found some great stuff to take off digging deap into this rack! Bravo. And oh! I really must have a look on the “generative”!

That’s pretty damn cool Denis! With the tension this could fit a movie soundtrack well. Way to overcome limitations you were given.

1 Like

wow, this one turned out more difficult than i thought it would be!

it took me several tries to get something i could work with, and i finally have a patch i am not totally unhappy with. i still need to record it, but that will have to wait till the morning. cheers!

1 Like

VCP-37 Reality entanglement

Hello Rackerz

This time I present my entry to Very Cool Patch 37. I am not entirely sure about this patch. But something works and plays, so I throw it in the sack. Cheers

VCP-37 Reality entanglement.vcv (26.2 KB)

Edit: VCP-37 Reality entanglement | Patchstorage

As I said upthread, this was hard to do. I think What the Rack picks modules in a ratio that I just wouldn’t use. Two oscilators and several filters just seems like a weird choice. Upsides included learning some modules that I didn’t really know about (the best thing about VCP for me) and learning that you can put a mono audio signal into Vult Spank with a poly gate and you get a poly audio out. I learnt Elsker and that dBiz clock divider but didn’t really figure out what Autinn Mera does. I did plug it in though, just to say that I’d done it. I used RJ modules Range to give some fine control to the coirt LFO, which I used as a clock. I only added two modules, RCM reverb and MuxDeMux which I had tried earlier and could easily become a staple.
Hmm, look an adorable kitten!:cat:
Can you tell I’m putting off linking to the actual patch?
Oh, hey! What about today’s weather, eh? Huh, terrible. What a…miserable…summer we’re hav…ing. Alright, here it is:

https://patchstorage.com/vcp-37-many-questions/

Edit: Suggestion! To get some of the fun of this weeks challenge with less of the frustration what about having a 2 module challenge rather than the normal 1?

2 Likes

Comme un feu d’articice :blush: (Like a fireworks)

Beau travail, dag2099 :blush: (difficult this time !)

here’s my entry:

i switched out the “mixer” i got for one with controls, and i added re-win as i didn’t get a quantizer. i also added a blank to make it a nice rectangle for the video.

i discovered once again why i don’t like standard lfos and sequencers, as the result is too regular. luckily i got fate to add some variation. maybe if i added a s&h i could’ve done more with lfn.

anyway, i hope it’s not too boring.

edit: i forgot the patch. here it is: https://patchstorage.com/after-the-storm-vcp-37-what-the-rack/

1 Like

How about 3?

2 Likes

playlist here:

2 Likes

Woah there, lets not get carried away…

Hey you got a nice rack! I love this cello like sound and the movement on the drone part.

I can hear the complexities of Fate. Fascinant :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice. Atmospheric. Is there any chance of the re-win quantizer going polyphonic? Because I wouldn’t use anything else if it did.

1 Like

that thought certainly has crossed my mind

so i think that needs to happen

2 Likes

I like being able to see you press the button on what the rack! Wish I’d thought of that.

1 Like

@ablaut And trig outputs??? Would be so cool.
Polyphony could be tricky to deal with, since it allready spread 1 voice to 4 different outputs!

you can use re-trig for that

1 Like