=== very cool patch challenge edition 35 ===

Ah XD je parlais de acide aminé. I had not noticed either :sweat_smile:
Anyway i’m really happy this challenge made us discover RJ modules ! Specially Acid ! Even if like you say ,I still don’t understand everything about it haha

2 Likes

My contribution to the Very Cool Patch Challenge 35 is in many ways a first. The module ACID of RJ Modules, which we should use, has just been released, as well as ESSEFF, KTF, Pluck and ReplayKnob from the same developer. Actually I wanted to use all modules of the developer again, but some are very special and I just could not accommodate them here, others just eat too much CPU. The patch includes more brand new modules, NoteSeq16 by JW Modules, the Mixer Form and the corresponding expander ExFor by Squinky Labs (here in my experimental black version), Fate by Geodesics and the Quantizer rewin by Repelzen. For the first time I am also trying to work with Scenes and follow in about the excellent tutorial by Omri Cohen. In my version, Jannecker is the clock for the Noteseq16, which in turn sends a voltage to Jooper. In this way I can not only go forward in the sequence of scenes, but also go back or jump, as you can clearly see in the sequencer. The result is far from perfect, but definitely interesting and I will continue to work on it.
Oh yes, I nearly forgot, it is also the first time I do some kind of acid, hence the name. :metal::sunglasses:

https://patchstorage.com/somekindofacid/
2 Likes

Wow, I like it, Some sounds a bit like mid 90ies Björk getting hold of vcv rack. (:

1 Like

thx!

Great work. I never took time to dive into the RJ world, but I definitely should! But man! Your computer is such a beast to handel such a big patch… With the VCV recorder in addition. Wow! Bravo!

1 Like

thanks, my computer is coughing and calling me names but he is very brave, but the main reason he handles such a patch is that I’m now on Linux with VCV-Rack and that he likes very much :blush:

1 Like

I’m a bit late and my entry is pretty short this time, but I wanted to add at least a little piece

here is the video:

and here is the patch:

VCP-35_rsmus7__acidonia.vcv (84.6 KB)

it was abit weird torecord with the VCV recorder, it is really slow playing and lots of hicups and stutter, no great for a live recording :wink: so my mutes and unmutes are not syncronized at all, just guesses …anyway I hope it is not too bad

1 Like

Very late and bad but here:

patch:
https://patchstorage.com/vcp-35-rjacid/

1 Like

youtube playlist:

thanks for participating!

2 Likes

Great Entries one and all.

ananda.namaste.1
I love the walk. Great use of ACID.

jedrzejewskimk
Not garbage at all. Sort of orchestra gone off the rails.

Olival_Clanaro
Lovely tense background for a movie!

denis.tercier
Really nice. Held me captive.

the1andonlydrno
This gives me a scarey Halloween kind vibe thru the middle. The piano opening and closing is a nice trick.

rsmus7
Glad you submitted. I love hearing what people can do with VCV. Good Work.

dag2099
Glad we got to hear it late or not. Such a small patch!

7177 agnetha
I just figured out that I could listen to your piece through the patchstorage.
It really moves and holds together very well. Excellent!

All of you seem to be moving forward. Performing with your patches. All most everything I do is generative and I just listen without performing. I have got to step up my game.

2 Likes