VenomTakeFive Challenge (May 2024)

Thank you! Oh, that combination with the flute would be interesting. I’m very curious about the result if it’s going to happen.

Wow, the soundscape with so few modules together with the huge Valhalla reverb in the Benjolin Safari is really amazing! Yes, I noticed that there is even more potential when I was experimenting with the Benjolin Oscillator, but for this particular patch I was actively trying to avoid too “pitched” noises to prevent too many dissonant clashes with the harmonies in the patch. Perhaps, the crazier side of the Benjolin might be something for another patch in future…

One more week to go… Create, submit, enjoy… … … :headphones:

Good thread, great submissions. Here is mine, quite simple, but gave Venom collection a try. Benjolin, Quantizer and Rythm explorer are my favourites, will use them from now on. Patch is inspired by number stations and noisy radio broadcasts.

Patchstorage link: patchstorage com/transmission-partially-lost/

5 Likes

Oh how cool that is. You have created a very nice concept. I like it a lot, especially the push 5 of Venom are used here really cleverly. You can fade in and out nicely.

1 Like

Another fine patch. I listened to it on the tube. Really great. But unfortunately I can’t get your patch to work properly. The pian and the celo don’t get a trigger anywhere. I’ll have to take another look at it. I don’t have much time these days to play around with VCV in peace and quiet. But many thanks for your patches. Have a good one.

1 Like

Yeah cool…, that’s absolutely right, the transmission is partially lost. You did a good job.

Thank you! It could be that you didn’t click the “Select” button on the SW2 switch (somewhere in the top left corner). It selects channel 2 of the switch that routes the LFO into the patch controlling the probability of the gates for Piano and Cello. With channel 1 of the switch the probability is zero.

Now, I remember that I wanted to study mixer channel 7 of your patch, this panned noise with a timbre like from the Sapphire Tube. Instead, I listened multiple times to your patch to figure it out by just listening. Didn’t work… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Instructions are in the Patchstorage writeup:

I think it could be simplified by using a voltage controlled switch instead, such as the Bogaudio Switch. The same button signal that resets the LFO can toggle the switch.

1 Like

Fun patch with cool sounds. I see that you succeeded in using Recurse in a way that it was designed to be used, yet not in a specific way that I had tried yet. Nice.

This was fun!

Didn’t include the sample (two drum bars from Radiohead - Weird Fishes/Arpeggi) but otherwise, patch here (should be quite fun with just the two top rows:)

… and if this was a trick to make us make more use of Dave’s modules, it succeeded:) I see a couple of my new fav utilities.

8 Likes

purf always brings it in!

I always think it would be nice if purf used pachde Null for the light bars and modulated the light. There’s a hidden jack under the bottom logo, and you can turn off all adornment in the right click menu.

1 Like

Did you spot the pachde blank? :wink: Think it’s only one that can do 2hp…(?)

1 Like

HAHAHAHA

At the resolution of the video, I couldn’t really tell. I guess it’s also one of the few blanks with a glow that spills beyond the panel, which you can see in the video. It should go down to 1 hp.

Now it just needs the (invisible) input patched so that the lights pulse. You can animate the color of Null too by extending with a Copper or Copper Mini and modulating Copper.

Hy there my patch is uploaded thx for this event

4 Likes

Sure is! I love the overall jazz vibe, and the tone and modulation of the organ and bass are delicious, especially when adjusting the PatchMaster knobs. I like the Opulus level all the way up, and the LFO VCA, Op Mod, and CV Dist around 30 something percent.

I am still trying to wrap my head around what happens when the quantizer output is fed back into the scale root (monophonic, so only channel one is used). When that incoming channel changes voltage, sometimes it snaps directly to a freq value, and other times it bends for a long time, and then jump snaps to a seemingly unrelated value - pretty wild!

I’m glad you found some useful utility modules.

1 Like

That should be the Cloud Generator “solo” voice, getting that first channel’s voct, with the least frequent pitch changes, through a Slew and then the audio goes through the modulated signal delay for randomly timed octave jumps.

The kind of minimalistic Jazz mood in this patch is really great!

Very nice patch! I like the contrast of the beats with that irregular kick and the jungle vibe.

It’s also a bit strange. I wanted the Burst from Befaco not to be triggered so often. I had the problem from the Burst, that the probability has an influence on the length of the output. That’s why I added the Bernoulli in between. Of course it was a bit overkill to solve it this way. I could also have used a slower trigger. If you bypass Bernoulli and set the probability of Burst to 10%, the pattern of Foundry Impromptu will not be played completely. Well, it’s not the optimal solution. But thanks for studying my patch.

BTW Sorry, my English is not my native language. And Deepl also does what he wants to do.

1 Like

Really nice patch and the voices go well together!

I was so intrigued that I started playing around with some modifications. The ostinato on Mixer Track 3 became somewhat repetitive to my ears, so I added only a single cable to your patch, connecting the output of the fifth LLFO to the Select CV of ADDR-SEQ. Now the sequencer bumps around slightly more for variation.

Hope you don’t mind me messing with the patch, had good fun with it!

Venom´s-Pas-De-Chat-6640b7faf0eaa_LLFO-ADDR-SEQ_20240529.vcv (19.0 KB)