Venom Modules - Beta release home stretch - submitted to library

Can you put your compiled VCV Rack plugins on the library for us? I prefer library plugins because I don’t want to learn to compile source codes.

Of course - the plan has always been to release the plugin to the library. But I am in a beta phase now, not yet ready to release.

But you don’t need to compile to take part in beta testing - binaries are available at the GitHub link in the first post of this topic. Follow the links and download the appropriate binary and place the zip file in you <Rack user folder>/Plugins directory.

Or wait until the official release to the library.

1 Like

Oh I see I thought it was released by now. Good to hear that the library will have it. is it the general system to release all release version plugins to the library because I thought some were only in source?

Ahh, another more likely possibility is the old compiler sees the variable assignment, but doesn’t detect it is conditional execution, so runs the risk of failing to detect potential use of uninitialized variable. Not an issue with my code, but I can see why the compiler developers might tighten things up.

yeah, I think you are right. I can tell you that as a human it is difficult to see that it’s always initialized in the cases you care about. But I agree it looks correct, but of course a sensible person would just initialize the variable where it’s declared and make the warning go away :wink:

1 Like

I just realized my Recurse and Recurse Stereo modules are actually implemented via iteration, and not recursion. Regardless what the implementation, the end result should be the same.

Question for the community - Should I change the name to Iterate? Or keep it as Recurse?

Besides being closer to the truth, I’m thinking iterate might be more meaningful to the average user.

My thoughts: there is a module called “Pamela’s New Workout”. I have yet to see it improve my cardio numbers or BMI, and I’m starting to suspect there is no actual little person named Pamela inside it. So precedent has been set; call it what you want!

7 Likes

I do enjoy reading the disclaimer in their literature!

what’s about “recursed iteration” :wink:

tbh I’m with Don, just call it what you want.

1 Like

Thanks both of you. It shall remain Recurse!

Besides, I was being silly. If Return is patched, then indeed it truly is implemented via recursion.

Only if Return is not patched (Return normalled to Send), then it is implemented via iteration.

1 Like

Well now I have done it! I submitted Venom Modules for release to the library. Hopefully I followed the process properly and it is approved and released to the library soon.

Binaries for the release candidate are available at Release Release 2.0.0 · DaveBenham/VenomModules · GitHub

15 Likes

I was asked to change my slug/plugin name to Venom (drop Modules from the slug and name)

I also had to remove the hidden CVMIX. I’ve deleted all the old beta releases because they had the CVMIX within.

If you want the new binaries before release to the library, they are available at Release 2.0.0 · DaveBenham/VenomModules · GitHub

If you installed the old beta with the VenomModules slug, then you should delete the
<Rack user folder>/Plugins/VenomModules folder.

4 Likes

Win 11 - Loading Vermona preset in the new binary rhythm explorer crashes Rack and Rack VST/CLAP.

1 Like

Same here win10 rack free v2.2.3.

1 Like

@Rodney, @tomwake - Thanks for the prompt report guys. I neglected to update the preset after changing the name of the plugin. I will fix and get a new release ASAP. Hopefully I can get the fix in the library pipeline before the bugged 2.0.0 is released.

1 Like

Bug all fixed, and version updated to 2.0.1. Hopefully this is the version that makes it into the library!

Binaries are available at Release 2.0.1 · DaveBenham/VenomModules · GitHub

9 Likes

You should announce your lovely collection has graced the official library, excited to test drive them!

2 Likes

Yes - I had been meaning to have some vids to introduce module features and uses to go along with an announcement - But I kept on getting lost in possibilities and never got anywhere :woozy_face:

I’ll create a simple announcement later today.

8 Likes

Thanks! Danger Mode activated!

1 Like

Ooooh! Videos with use cases is mad sexy!!

1 Like