Velocity stupid question

Capture d’écran 2023-02-10 211010

How to add velocity parameter?

thanks in advance

VEL (right side of GATE) from MIDI-CV module, in order to modulate the sound level (use another VCA behind existing and AUDIO output) or any other usage you’ll want.

1 Like

So VCA cascade

Thank you👍‍‍

Absolutely! and… you’re welcome: :wink: be surethey’re no stupid question. Are you begineer about VCV Rack and/or modular world?

First VCA is modulated by envelope generator, second by VEL port. Like this:

5 Likes

About cable color scheme, I’m using this convention (of course, it’s personal, anybody does what he wants):

• Red for audio signal.
  • Yellow for 1V/Oct (pitch).
  • Blue for gates, triggers, clocks.
  • Green for modulations.

I haven’t thinked to that,but in effect,seem to be a good practice :ok_hand:‍‍

1 Like

About color cable convention, I’ve seen this trick from a Omri Cohen video! (I don’t remember what the video is, I’m too old - my memory have some failures :rofl:)

1 Like

no_ I made some patches I will release one of them

1 Like

I’m lucky: this video What's new in VCV Rack 2 \\ New Design, New Cable Management, VST Version, and MORE! - YouTube (from 5:00)

1 Like

produce "click’ on the sound

no zero crossing or no volume fade

so have to slew

The velocity should go to a vca before the vca controlled by the envelope. There’s a one sample delay in each module so if you apply velocity after the envelope you get an instantaneous change in volume after the first vca passes the audio, which makes the click.

1 Like

Ok I will see that

thank you

It’s interesting that even after playing with synths for more than 10 years, a simple thing like this can be a new challenge for me. I mean, in a typical synth, you have the Source, Target and the “Via” so it’s easy to understand how things are supposed to work. When you have to patch everything, a simple flow like “modulation via XYZ” can be hard to grasp at first. Now looking at your example, it makes so much sense. Really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

I’m loving this new phase in my music production journey. So much to learn, so many possibilities!

4 Likes