VCV Recorder: Record multichannel?

Is there some way to record as multichannel with Recorder? I was hoping Recorder would record multichannel (for example 4 channel) files if a polyphonic cable is patched into the first input, but apparently that is not the case.

1 Like

It can help you

1 Like

You can install the NYSTHI plugins and use the multi recorder:
https://github.com/nysthi/nysthi/releases

1 Like

I guess it would still be cool if VCV Recorder itself was able to record multichannel too… :smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t done it yet (I’ve been using the ReaRoute method) but I believe you can use as many as you need and just trigger them all simultaneously from the same source.

1 Like

Nysthi’s multi channel records up to 8 channels in a single file. Drag this file in your daw, and you’ll be able to work on them separately.

1 Like

with polyrecorder you can do 16 channels at once (using a polycable)

Thanks. Good to know. I may try it one of these days. But, to be honest, I almost never record my patches that way. (not enough time for multi channel mixing and post processing)
I mostly make quite small patches for live jamming. I’d need maybe more than a life discovering and deep diving in all your modules. I could never be thankful enough for all that you’ve done for us.

2 Likes

grazie mille @denis.tercier ! <3

1 Like