VCV Recorder: glitchy or no audio

Hi there
I’m starting to learn to use VCV RAck, and I’m having issues with the Recorder module.
I’ve tried to find instructions on the internet on how to use it and having no luck.
At the moment I’ve got the From Device outputs 1 & 2 leading from the Audio 8 device into what seems to be two inputs on Recorder. I’ve tried using both my internal headphone/computer speaker audio device and my focusrite. With the internal device there is no signal, and with the focusrite there’s just a glitchy low buzz. In both cases I can hear what’s being played but there’s no sound on the audio file.
Annnnd… I’ve just had a look over the patch I’ve been trying to record music from to make sure I’ve got everything right before I post this and now there’s it’s producing no sound at all.

So I must be doing something wrong BUT WHAT IS IT.
Thanks for your help.

can you post a screenshot? Or the patch?
You do have to set the settings on audio 8 correctly for your hardware to noises in and out of it. The problem is i don’t want to make too many assumptions about what you’re doing.
thx

You have to send the same signal to the recorder as TO the Audio module, not FROM the Audio module to the recorder. Currently you are recording an audio input of your interface, microphone or line-in or something.

3 Likes

i was thinking that might be the case but then I thought they might be trying to record something from there audio interface like a guitar or something.

1 Like

Gah, how embarrassing… As soon as I read that I realised that’s clearly what I should be doing. Rookie, rookie mistake. Thanks!

4 Likes

I just did the same thing. This thread saved me. Haha.

2 Likes