VCV rack recordings are mono

Hi. i’ve been using vcv rack for a while and i’m able to record my sounds via vcv bridge or the module called “rec” inside vcv rack. But no matter what i use the audio channels are shown as stereo recordings but when i check iZotope insight it’s like mono so there is a perfect line going in the middle and it’s stable. When i put a reverb or something everything changes of course but i don’t want to do that. Does anybody know why or what should i do ?36 29

Even when You connect the left/right outputs of the mixer to the left/right inputs of the REC module, You need to pan something to the side in the mixer so the sum of these channels won’t collapse to mono. I know it may be obvious for You, but coming from the DAW when every channel of the mixer is stereo and not mono, I played myself few times while recording. Hope it helps.

2 Likes

thanks for the reply ! i will try to pan some stuff to the side but if i record only one channel at the time, for example just a sine wave that was pitch modulated, and if i panned it like 25% left-25% right do you think it will work too ? because when i record i record the song in different stems but every channel is like that. but i will try to do some slight panning and will update ! thanks again very appreciate it !

1 Like

Sure! Just remember to record at least two channels at once and pan them (like You said for example one +25% and second -25%) so You can have stereo stems. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey man quick update, i panned one channel 10 L and the other 10 R and i played with the channel delay on ableton like 3ms and it worked like a charm !

1 Like

Happy to see that. Glad I could help. Have fun!

1 Like