VCV Rack not working on M1 Pro

I don’t know what info to give here, but vcvrack just will not start and is stuck in an infinite loop of booting up. I have used it for a long time and one day it just decided not to work.

I am running on macOS Sequoia, on a 2021 M1 Pro, i would appreciate any debugging tips or things to try as i just have no idea what could have went wrong, i have deleted and reinstalled rack and tried opening it from the terminal with no luck.

I know it’s incredibly hard to help at all with this, but if you have ever had a similar problem i would really love any info, thanks!

What does the log.txt say ?

It seems this might be the error, the other plugins seem to work fine but at the end of the log file i get this chunk of text, wish i could understand it but at the core of the problem i suspect one of the plugins just doesn’t work, is there a way to redownload vcv and not have it install my plugins? I dont know anyways heres the text

;Blamsoft-XFXDistortionPack [7.809 fatal adapters/standalone.cpp:49 fatalSignalHandler] Fatal signal 15. Stack trace: 16: Rack(fatalSignalHandler(int)+27) 15: libsystem_platform.dylib(_sigtramp+29) 14: ???(0x0+13043983840) 13: dyld(dyld4::SyscallDelegate::withReadOnlyMappedFile(Diagnostics&, char const*, bool, void (void const*, unsigned long, bool, dyld4::FileID const&, char const*) block_pointer) const+92) 12: dyld(dyld4::JustInTimeLoader::makeJustInTimeLoaderDisk(Diagnostics&, dyld4::RuntimeState&, char const*, dyld4::Loader::LoadOptions const&, bool, unsigned int, mach_o::Layout const*)+194) 11: dyld(dyld4::Loader::makeDiskLoader(Diagnostics&, dyld4::RuntimeState&, char const*, dyld4::Loader::LoadOptions const&, bool, unsigned int, mach_o::Layout const*)+150) 10: dyld(invocation function for block in dyld4::Loader::getLoader(Diagnostics&, dyld4::RuntimeState&, char const*, dyld4::Loader::LoadOptions const&)+2846) 9: dyld(dyld4::Loader::forEachResolvedAtPathVar(dyld4::RuntimeState&, char const*, dyld4::Loader::LoadOptions const&, dyld4::ProcessConfig::PathOverrides::Type, bool&, void (char const*, dyld4::ProcessConfig::PathOverrides::Type, bool&) block_pointer)+820) 8: dyld(dyld4::ProcessConfig::PathOverrides::forEachPathVariant(char const*, dyld3::Platform, bool, bool, bool&, void (char const*, dyld4::ProcessConfig::PathOverrides::Type, bool&) block_pointer) const+1028) 7: dyld(dyld4::Loader::forEachPath(Diagnostics&, dyld4::RuntimeState&, char const*, dyld4::Loader::LoadOptions const&, void (char const*, dyld4::ProcessConfig::PathOverrides::Type, bool&) block_pointer)+250) 6: dyld(dyld4::Loader::getLoader(Diagnostics&, dyld4::RuntimeState&, char const*, dyld4::Loader::LoadOptions const&)+509) 5: dyld(dyld4::APIs::dlopen_from(char const*, int, void*)::$_0::operator()() const+290) 4: dyld(dyld4::APIs::dlopen_from(char const*, int, void*)+942) 3: libRack.dylib(rack::plugin::loadPlugin(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits, std::__1::allocator>)+1098) 2: libRack.dylib(rack::plugin::init()+1818) 1: Rack(main+2649) 0: dyld(start+1805)

Could you move the Blamsoft folders inside the plugins-mac-x64 folder to your desktop and try again.

Or maybe even better, remove all the files from the autosave folder.

Thanks a lot! got it working. The issue was in some random plugin but if you ever have the same problem then delete the files from the autosave folder AND all the plugins from plugins-mac-x64 and it should run like new

2 Likes

:+1: :partying_face: