VCV Rack for DAW pre-order?

A lot of people just want to use VCV Rack in their DAW.

1 Like

Me too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah basically exactly this. Want to use it in my DAW (mostly for Audio Processing) using multiple Instances. Just can’t wait :slight_smile:

1 Like

did someone mention VCV Rack in my DAW…? =

c.

1 Like

It’s what I’ve been waiting for. Real sequencing on the timeline, perfect clock sync, recording and rendering, layering, all sorts of absolutely insane things. And (I don’t know if it’ll work, but it’s a dream) drag and drop audio from a track into a Nysthi sampler and mangle it, while still being in the DAW environment. Productivity is gonna go up a lot. :smiley:

7 Likes

move your pipeline to Linux (I currently have all that except the drag and drop but plus freewheel render)

2 Likes

If there was Cubase for Linux, sure. Or most VSTs for that matter. Gotta have the support.

1 Like

yes , sacrifice must be made, but let me tel you , now I not miss any software

4 Likes

No orchestral libraries, Kontakt, most synths… nah, not an option. Good for 3D though.

2 Likes

I am finding it easier to wait now that Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has been released. It’s a different kind of fulfillment!

1 Like

LOL

1 Like

What if I laughed at your failures?

5 Likes

Sorry man. I know that it takes as long as it takes.

1 Like

there should be a law, everyone nagging about the release date should be forced to watch this movie three times or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfs5-YMR8Q8

2 Likes

I dont understand the hype of gettin g vcv in daw. Its okay yeah You have more channels you can have vcv into it but, Im running vcv in perfect synch without any latency via bridge and clock out of ableton via cv tools, couldnt be happier. On top of that you can map parameters in ableton the same like youre doing in a vst or wherever. So dont see the point.

Bridge works for some and but not others.

For some reason I find I get a lot of latency with the CV Tools clock out, much more than with the Silent Way Sync clock - never got to the bottom of as to why.

Also find the latency compensation needed for the clock changes as you add more/different plugins in Ableton - so it can be done but it’s a bit of a pain.

Hoping Rack for DAWs solves all that.

1 Like

To be able to have multiple instances of VCV rack for one reason. I will also want to occasionally use Rack effects like Plateau in my DAW and not to have to go the trouble of setting up bridge and a VCV instance each time. I think it’s just going to be more convenient.

2 Likes

Most ideal would be if Rack for DAWs would have a built-in Host sync mechanism, like many VST’s do have.

But then with clock output, run & reset to feed for example Clocked module.

2 Likes

OP’s question was answered shortly after the thread was created, and everything after that has been off-topic. If you have any questions about Rack or Rack for DAWs, open a new thread in #rack.

1 Like