VCV Rack for DAW pre-order?

Pretty quiet over there of late… would be nice to see it updated a little more frequently to get the sense things are progressing.

1 Like

I agree. In the meantime you can watch the (rather long but interesting) streams of this channel, Andrew talks quite often about development and other details of Rack:

6 Likes

All of this makes me think of two songs, “The Sound of Silence” and “Here Comes Santa Claus”. ;o)

1 Like

This is amazing. Can’t wait.

1 Like

Yeah can’t wait as well. Is there any chance VCV for Daws will still come out this year at all?

My guess is it will be out 8-9 weeks after there are alpha builds available for Rack v2.0, give or take.

- Continue working on Rack v2 and Rack for DAWs.
    - Once both are “alpha” quality, release Rack v2 source code.
    - Wait at least 4 weeks while testers and plugin developers review the code.
    - Once both are “beta” quality, begin providing development builds of Rack v2. Send Rack for DAWs builds and licenses to testers.
    - Wait at least 2 weeks for users to review the development builds.
    - Once Rack v2 is “stable” quality, release it.
    - Wait at least 2 weeks.
    - Once marketing is ready, release Rack for DAWs.

source: Rack development blog

2 Likes

It’s good practice to include the URL of information that you copy or paraphrase from, so people reading it can refer to the source.

2 Likes

Can you explain to me why you are so impatient ? (just out of curiosity). Merci beaucoup :slightly_smiling_face:

A lot of people just want to use VCV Rack in their DAW.

1 Like

Me too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah basically exactly this. Want to use it in my DAW (mostly for Audio Processing) using multiple Instances. Just can’t wait :slight_smile:

1 Like

did someone mention VCV Rack in my DAW…? =

c.

1 Like

It’s what I’ve been waiting for. Real sequencing on the timeline, perfect clock sync, recording and rendering, layering, all sorts of absolutely insane things. And (I don’t know if it’ll work, but it’s a dream) drag and drop audio from a track into a Nysthi sampler and mangle it, while still being in the DAW environment. Productivity is gonna go up a lot. :smiley:

7 Likes

move your pipeline to Linux (I currently have all that except the drag and drop but plus freewheel render)

2 Likes

If there was Cubase for Linux, sure. Or most VSTs for that matter. Gotta have the support.

1 Like

yes , sacrifice must be made, but let me tel you , now I not miss any software

4 Likes

No orchestral libraries, Kontakt, most synths… nah, not an option. Good for 3D though.

2 Likes

I am finding it easier to wait now that Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has been released. It’s a different kind of fulfillment!

1 Like

LOL

1 Like

What if I laughed at your failures?

5 Likes