VCV Rack - Computer Music Mag May 2020

22 Likes

wow big deal! especially the last sentence! Well deserved VCV congrats to everyone involve! Also, we are number 4 if we take out the shameless self advert of number one being a freeware edited by womputer music :wink:

4 Likes

Holy shit, I go a half a wavhead and a gridseq in computer music magazine!!! I have read so many of those.

4 Likes

So if someone made one of those other softsynths work in VCVRack would that be the electronic music version of dividing by zero? :grinning:

I think I spot an Ions in there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

host module?

2 Likes

“dozens of add-ons”…

doesn’t quite sound like 2000+ modules

either way, nice article! the only ones i didn’t know are nightlife (which doesn’t sound like something i would want to try anyway) and infinity (which does sound intriguing). i would say crystal is worth trying, as something more unusual.

1 Like

Are any of the others open source?

helm is: https://github.com/mtytel/helm

1 Like

TAL Noisemaker is as well.

Helm is amazing, always something i recommend. I have it on my university laptop who is too weak for rack, and sometimes i bring a midi keyboard and jam on Helm for hours :smiley:

1 Like

where is the source code?

It’s Free, but not opensource AFAIK :slight_smile:

Here, amongst many other places. It has been ported to linux with this.

1 Like

i see. i wasn’t aware of that. but it is ten years old code, not the current version.

1 Like

That’s true. However, the changelog says that it has only received bug fixes rather than features. I’m fairly sure the person who ported it to Linux has fixed a few things and I think that the framework that was used to port it allows it to be built on other platforms.

The promised ‘entire feature’ will be interesting. Great that VCV Rack is getting the recognition it deserves.

1 Like

No order in the list ! (lire le commentaire sur U-HE Bazille)

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

https://distrho.sourceforge.io/

is not noisemaker part of the distrho ports?

noismaker and other TAL pluggings,

2 Likes