VCV Rack and touchscreen

I’m just now getting into VCV with the free version and love it! My question is…I have a touchscreen (Slate Raven) and the free version of VCV Rack does not respond to or recognize touch. Does the Pro version? Or is there a setting I’m missing? It would be awesome to have touchscreen access.

Thanks for any help!

AFAIK no. THe pro version only offers VCV Rack as a VST/CLAP plugin. The free version is standalone only.

+Audio Unit plugin
+some plugins: VCV Library - VCV Pro

1 Like

Pro is a plugin so all events are handled by the plugin host (which tends to differ a lot between implementations) and likely will be even less useful for touchscreen …

I don’t believe there is any difference between the Pro and the regular standalone.

Sorry, I was wrong. See VCV Manual - Frequently Asked Questions :

Does VCV Rack work with touch screens?

Yes, disable “View > Lock cursor while dragging params” in Rack’s menu and optionally set the “Knob mode” to rotary if you prefer.

VCV Rack does not currently support multi-touch gestures.

4 Likes

Ahornberg great find thanks! Sadly it did not change anything. Maybe its a Raven thing or its a Pro thing? The search continues.

Thank you everybody who posted. I appreciate it!

1 Like

Any updates about VCV working with the Slate Raven? I have an MTi2 and VCV (Pro standalone version) does not respond to touch screen.

Thanks!

No change. Rack has no touch support beyond how a particular OS maps touch to mouse input (plus the possibly helpful ‘Lock cursor’ option).

The Raven is a Multitouch screen, plus software customized for particular DAWs. Perhaps you should be asking Raven to add support for VCV Rack like it was another DAW.