VCV Rack, Ableton and ASIO

Hello,

Still working on this subject… The nice solution seams to be ASIO Link Pro for the audio communication channels between the different softwares (eg VCV Rack, Ableton, Vital…)

After trying to install ASIO Link Pro so many time (included it’s patch), impossible for me to select the associated driver ; from VCV, Ableton, etc. Impossible. So many interesting video show how to, but for me, impossible. And there are many messages in different forums with guys having the same problem I encounter.

And I discovered Flex ASIO by Etienne Dechamps. This is a generic ASIO Driver. When installed, guess what, when selecting this driver instead of ASIO Link Pro, ASIO link pro interface works! And I can setup its famous matrix. Yes! So you have to select this driver in the different software (once again VCV, Ableton, other synthé).

The question now is to really understand how this matrix works. Even with different documentations, not easy.

If you are interesting in: ASIO Link Pro : Give Academy - ODeus ASIO Link Pro Patcher Flex ASIO : GitHub - dechamps/FlexASIO: A flexible universal ASIO driver that uses the PortAudio sound I/O library. Supports WASAPI (shared and exclusive), KS, DirectSound and MME.

As usual, remarks and suggestions are welcomed! Alain, France