VCV Rack 2 teaser

Use Widget::onDirty().

2 Likes

I’m in!

I like the new CPU meters. I was just playing around and boosted the sample rate to x8 and the meters didn’t change. Is there something a little wonky with them, or do they work differently than before?

Sure they did work before? :smiley: They are even more weird right now… would be nice to investigate.

Also, it seems “new engine” (as noticed in the changelog) eats more CPU?

1 Like

Lol… is there any built v2 I can test without building it bymself cause im a noob?

If we purchase the vst will we get any additional vcv modules that are normally paid for?

No.

Yes, the cpu meters in v1.x work.

I was hoping at least for the Host app for use in my DAW.

maybe you don’t need the host app when you use VCV as VSTi, (when you can send cv/midi out from VCV)
might only need some routing

@Vortico thanks for the Audio 2 module update, in the latest beta!

1 Like

Wouldn’t you just load the 3rd party VST in your DAW as usual and control it via VCV? The whole point of the VCV vst is that it can interact with your DAW. I don’t think there will be a need for such inception. And if there is, well, it’s only $30 more, you can pick it up while VCV2 is on sale and still pay less than full retail.

And now, for the total inception confusion, the question of all questions:

Will VCV VST run in VCV HOST while the outer VCV is a VST inside VCV HOST, while the outer VCV […] inside “a random DAW”?

(/irony)

5 Likes

Are you trying to cause a glitch in the matrix?

2 Likes

No, of course not. That’s Jakub Ciupinskis Job.

8 Likes

I use a plugin named Unify which can host a number of other plugins and it can host multiple Unify instances itself so there’s nothing stopping VCV doing similar unless there’s some strange mutex code I’m not aware of.

Setting the sample rate to 8*48kHz increases the meter percentage by about 8x on all modules compared to 48kHz for me. (e.g. Audible Instruments Modal Synthesizer goes from 1.8% to 10.5%.) What modules are you testing that don’t seem to change their CPU percentage with different sample rates?

VCV Rack Studio Edition comes with Core and Fundamental just like Rack Community Edition. All other VCV modules are à la carte.

I’ll check again. Perhaps I was just mistaken. tx.