VCV Rack 2 Pro AU VST3 x68 + Apple arm Installers ?

Hi

Can I Please ask for users who have the VCV Rack 2 Pro if the installer as two separate files one for x68 and one for Apple arm ? or is it Universal file and if I will run Live 12 in Rosetta mode only then I will have access to the x68 version of VCV Rack 2 Pro !!

I’m asking because I going to buy VCV Rack 2 Pro and want to install x68 version of the plugin in Ableton Live 12 arm!! and I don’t want to install Apple arm version because I need same very important modules that don’t have Apple arm support.

That basically rises the questions if this is possible, now I’m with VCV Rack 2 Free and run the x68 version on my Mac M2 Ultra for those non arm modules…

They are two separate files and you can install and run both of them on an arm mac.

Hi Thank you for the reply…

Just to make sure VCV Rack 2 Pro as AU or VST3 Plugin as two separate files ? not the VCV Rack 2 Free stand alone, for the stated alone I know there are two installers one for x68 and one for arm.

Looking forward to your replay.

Best

Rack is not Universal, just two separate versions. Applies to pro/free/vst equally.

Ok That is great thanks for the info :slight_smile:

Hi

Now I can confirm VCV Rack 2 Pro AU x68 plugin in Ableton Live 12 arm load VCV Rack non arm modules :slight_smile:

1 Like