VCV Rack 2 does not load in Windows 10, Fatal SIG 22

I think there’s stil a compatibility issue with “onedrive”.

Try moving your user dir somewhere else (not under OneDrive management), and start Rack with commandline option “-u” to specify the new location.

https://vcvrack.com/manual/Installing#Command-line-usage

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn’t seem to be it - changed the user folder location but still getting the exact same outcome.

1 Like

Yes thats another thing, windows puts everything to onedrive, users dont realise it. “Documents” is “Documents”. Hard to make out which is on OneDrive. Anyway, changing the windows sound output (in windows) did not work.

I go back to 1.1.6. for now…

v2 working fine for me on Win 10

2 Likes

If you have Jack audio or asio4all, try uninstalling. Worked for several others.

3 Likes

Thank you kindly. This worked for me having the same problem.

1 Like

Don’t have Jack or ASIO4ALL - have tried uninstalling a few other MIDI routing tools but still no luck. Have submitted a support ticket - will update here if it gets resolved.

1 Like

Hello Community, I have this issue too. For me the “Elektron Analog Four” integrated audio device is the cause of the problem. When it is turned off, it works fine. On VCV 1.1.6 this was no issue. Greetings, Christian

At last, solved it (for me at least). The virtual sound device I use FXSound for audio enhancement on music has for some reason also got an AUX input configured. No idea why as I’m not sure how I’d ever use it anyway. Still, disabling this has sorted it and Rack’s working now.

Sounds like it’ll be a different fix dependent on your own setup, but I guess disabling everything you don’t need is the way to troubleshoot.

Shit, I am getting the same now (after the earlier Jack audio problem that was solved)

I’m pretty sure I’ve uninstalled all programs that involve (virtual) audio devices, except my two main audio interfaces (even removed the realtek driver for the onboard soundcard and the HD audio driver from my GPU). All to no effect.

Anybody got any ideas where else to search? Like specific settings on my system I should check?

Any clue from the log.txt in the Rack user folder?

It is clear that the error occurs when calling the Wasapi driver.

I did fix it just now, after just bulldozering so many programs from my laptop. Go Time.

HI, my first post here. I had the same issue with my M-Audio FW410. If I disable it, it just runs without issues with an Audient Evo 4. Even if I plug the 410, VCV crashes. Tried even disableing every output, input and multichannel in every configuration and still, it wont run unless I disable the whole soundcard or unplug it. Is a pity that I can’t just disable WASAPI whatsoever in this case or use another sound device.

@joopvanderlinden MerkDak

2d

If you have Jack audio or asio4all, try uninstalling. Worked for several others.

1 Like

Ah. I have asio4all installed. Will try to remove that tomorrow. Thanks

1 Like

Yeah, these driver related crashes would be good to fix…

Rack 2.0 ran without any problem. It’s the latest release that crashes. So I would think something could changed back

Rack 2.0.0 crashes for me, so does 2.0.1

1 Like