VCV Rack 2.2, VST3/AU/CLAP, Black Friday sale

VCV Rack Pro is now available for VST3, Audio Unit, and CLAP. Get it for only $129 before November 30.

32 Likes

I just updated to 2.2 and it can not find any of the SurgeXT mods used in a previous patch. Also, the SugreXT mods do not show up in the library browser.

please send an email to support about that, and don’t hijack this sweet announcement thread.

4 Likes

Congratulations! I’m about to buy but can someone confirm that AU has multichannel outputs?

The AU does not work! It even does not open a Window! Do not waste your money like me!

you have been very angry at VCV for like two years now? Maybe you should try some different software, get some music made?

5 Likes

So sorry to hear! Thanks for the reply at least.

Is it really to much to expect that a software you payed for should work as anounced ?

1 Like

Ok so I bought it and it does work (also with multichannel) in Logic but only after launching in Rosetta mode.

2 Likes

Christmas came early! Thanks @Vortico and everyone contributing to this. The change log reads like a summary of most discussed topics/wishlist from the last months :slight_smile:

3 Likes

did you download the ARM version of VCV or the Intel version?

I just tried the ARM version and it’s true it doesn’t work at all in Logic.

I will post it to support but in the past I have not gotten great response from that. I knew this would be seen.

I got excited but now I have three plugin formats that don’t work in Bitwig on linux.

Edit: actually, only 2, the vst3 doesn’t even show up. From what I’ve seen with other VST3s the plugin.vst3 is a directory with the following structure:

plugin.vst3/Contents/x86-64-linux/plugin.so

Rack’s vst3 is just an executable called VCV Rack 2.vst3, is this a mistake?

2 Likes

I had to grab the latest nightly build, that works here on 2.2 (x64 version for Mac)

3 Likes

Don’t know about the file structure on linux (on windows it’s a flat file “VCV Rack 2.vst3”)
does your bitwig list any errors in show dashboard … settings…plugins…“show plugin errors” ?

No, nothing for Rack in there.

Same here on Ubuntu 22.04, Bitwig 4.4.3. The usual metadata error on the vst2, the vst3 doesn’t show at all, the clap has a slightly different metadata error:

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Failed to initialized CLAP plug-in /home/tim/.clap/VCV Rack 2.clap: clap_plugin_entry->init() returned false

1 Like

Yeah, exactly the same message for me.

Curious if clap info gives you an info dump or a clearer error?

(I can’t test since I’m traveling with mac only and run 20.02 still anyway but it does share a dl error if there’s a failure to load)

1 Like