VCV - NI Maschine --- and Midi

… I think you have view-percentage-options for Maschine-VST in some place in it‘s menu upper left corner of it‘s UI. There is no fullscreen, but some options.

Cheers, dDom

…Maschine menu should be under the triangle-icon…

Yup, small, medium and large. Large under VCV is same size as small in AL :slight_smile:

That is T-duality in physics superstring theory :wink:

I don’t care if it’s T-duali-ty or S-duali-ty, anno 2022 and you can’t resize a window it is stupidi-ty :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s right: the NI Maschine GUI is not scalable like the VCV Rack GUI. A lot of VSTs from several vendors don’t offer GUI scaling at all. Some offer GUI scaling at fixed rates like … 80%, 90%, 100%, 110% …

In case of NI Maschine, the missing scalability of the GUI doesn’t matter that much to me because I’m used to use the hardware controller.

Seems that controller only is it the best way if understand correctly. Found an old but working controller template to map the key’s in different pages. https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/attachments/maschinelive-zip.27259/ and the manual https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/attachments/manual-zip.27260/ it is for Live but works under VCV just fine. When importing you have to specific point to the .ncm file, it does not show up in the folder, just put * as filename first and load the template. Now i can play notes without Maschine VST. A module less and a midi routing frustration problem less :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I apologize for bumping this thread, especially since this is slightly off topic, but are you using the VCV Rack plugin in NI Maschine? I can’t see the VCV plugin in Maschine’s plugin list, all I see is the older VCV Bridge plugin (which I should remove since it’s discontinued). I’ve been trouble shooting and doing Google searches for the past couple hours and can’t seem to find anyone having a similar issue. I’m running Maschine 2.15.2 on Mac OS 10.15.7.

If anyone has any solutions to get the VCV plugin to show up in Maschine’s plugin browser, I would be forever grateful.

If this is completely off topic here, I have no issue starting a new thread. I figured it was slightly related and I would try here first.

I’m on Windows and VCV Rack Pro v2.2.3 works fine inside NI Maschine v2.15.2.

At the very bottom of the plugin list there is an ‘add directory’ option. I have found that Maschine doesn’t always show up where you expect them to. I’ve found that the easiest thing to do is add the ‘VSTPlugins 64 bit’ directory from within the Native Instruments program directory.

I’m running windows, so I’m not exactly sure where MacOS keeps the same info.

Thank you both for responding. I think there’s an issue on my end, that I need to get sorted.

The VST plugin doesn’t work in any of my apps that use VSTs; Bitwig 4, Reason 12, and Maschine 2.15. The VST (only the VST3) will show up in Reason and Bitwig, but it won’t load.

The VST2 version can’t be loaded in Reason and fails the scan, and the VST2 won’t show up in Bitwig.

In Maschine, neither the AU, the VST2 and VST3 show up at all. I was using VCV Rack 2.0.5 in the studio in the past and the plugin worked for that version.

I’ve yet to test Logic with the AU, so I’ll try that next.

I’m currently running MacOS 10.15.7. I’m thinking I may have some more trouble shooting to run, and maybe try to remove the VST3 from my plugin folder, to see if that may help get the VST2 recognized. If that doesn’t work, I’ll have to decide if it’s worth it to revert to an older version of Rack if I must use the plugin. Or just stick to bridging Rack via IAC driver and BlackHole, which is not the end of the world, as there are benefits to working that way. It would be nice to be able to figure out how to get the VCV Rack plugin to work in its latest version though.

My studio computer is pretty old, so I may have to look into an upgrade soon anyways, but maybe in the meantime I’ll try VCV support, or just stick to bridging Rack, as I rather use the latest version.

Anyways, I apologize for anything off topic here, and do appreciate the responses.