VCV is crashing on Windows

Can anyone suggest what to do here. My VCV is crashing which am running on Windows 10. v1.16. I hope I have not encountered any corruption here. But one behavior I noticed when I add multiple Audio-8 in rack and if I want to delete one of module it just hangs and VCV has to be closed via task manager. Right now when I am trying to open a saved project the VCV hangs and goes to unresponsive state. May be I should try to switch to Linux hahahaha.

Rack doesn’t yet support multiple audio 8 modules, that’s probably what caused the crash

2 Likes

Okay and how do I get out of current crash situation. Should I start with a new project and see if that hangs again?

Thanks for prompt response btw. :slight_smile:

Yes, try a new project to see if it keeps crashing or not, but with just one Audio 8 module it should be okay :wink:

You are welcome (i happened to be online hehe) :grin: Also, if someday you need more than 8 inputs ( and before we get rack v2) : If i remember @stoermelder has an Audio module with more inputs / outputs that can be used in place of the usual Fundamental audio module :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sure, it just happened to be a experimental hazard here so I will stick with one Audio module :smile:

1 Like

Yup definitely it was module causing crash. Its back operational now.

1 Like

Rack has Audio-16 as well as Audio-8

2 Likes