VCV Host, Scalar .... Pitch bend issue!

Why the pitch-bend work like “step values” when i use Scalar by VCV also with VCV Host module When I move the pitch-bend the VST receive the pitch information as a midi note offset! not as a Pitch bend message… so i hear a notes steps … This is not the right way how the PitchBend works

I bought Scalar + Host module today and I don’t know if this is a problem and it has solutions

If there are no solutions, Can I refund them?

Could you show a screenshot of your patch ?, if you use the pitch bend before the scaler it will not work correctly because the scaler will adjust the notes to the selected scale.

2 Likes

Host CV in is quantized. To use pitch bend right click an automation parameter slot, select pitchwheel and plug a cable carrying pitchwheel modulation into the corresponding Host socket.

3 Likes

Thank you Yager Here’s a simple example…

What can I do?

Thank you contemporaryinsanity I Just turned off the pitch-bend in Midi>CV module and did your steps and it works like a charm :100:

Use the PW from the midi>CV to FM of the VCO and adjust to taste.

1 Like

Thank you Yeager :heart: I did it now and it worked fine, but this would be confusing when using module that do not have FM So I found that the best solution is to mix the value coming out of SCALAR with the PW value in the mixer to send it to any V/oct

Sorry, I’m not a professional “Play from time to time with vcv” :slight_smile: , Is what I have done the best thing or are there easier ways?

1 Like

@ANAFREE

Well done, and you can also put the output of Scalar through a sample and hold so it won’t be added to the pitchwheel, like this :

EDIT the gate needs to be delayed (in this case with a sum) before it goes to the S&H.

I don’t have Scalar.

1 Like

That’s a great idea. Thank you very much Yeager Now I am confused to choose the best answer because the answer of both of you is what I was looking for :+1:

1 Like

The nice thing about modular is, you have a lot of choices. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes exactly :heart_eyes:

1 Like
1 Like