VCV Drums

VCV Drums sounds great and is on my purchase list, so I would love to see this if you can find the time to release it!

Knock and Trummor 2 are both firm favourites already. Look forward to seeing what you come up with next :slight_smile:

1 Like

@modlfo, this is beyond awesome. I had missed most of this stuff and am looking forward to digging in to it.

Totally understand about time constraints. And if I had to choose between a fully build out ultramodern Vult drum machine and a book on analog modeling by Dr. Ruiz I would pick the former (as much as I’d enjoy the latter :stuck_out_tongue: )

I am in love with the sound of VCV Drums! … and I hate the 909 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Leonardo I love all your kicks. I use others like ProkModular just so I’m not using the same one in every patch.

I wanted to use V/Octave on the pitch inputs but it doesn’t track pitch like an oscillator.

It’s not a volt per octave? It just says it is?

The kick has a range of about two octaves. That would map to about 5V/Oct.

edited

I was wrong. The 909 model only covers one octave. If you input 0V (with the Tune knob full CCW) you’ll get C1. With 10V you’ll get C2.

2 Likes

VCV Drums 1.1.0 has been released with 6 Drum Machine module presets by @CircadianSound (author of the 8 demo videos in the playlist VCV Drums - UKG demo - YouTube):

• House
  • House 2
  • Techno
  • IDM
  • Moombah
  • Lounge

More coming soon!

13 Likes

Omri got some great sounds by pushing them to audio rate !

1 Like

Ok, bought it, did not know I would have insta-fun with it. Easy to set up and get going with the all-in-one-module and the presets. This started as a typical “Yeah, put a pattern-generator in front and tweak it”-patch but evolved into a beatmachine. Love it!

Here is the Strip if anyone wants to play with it:

VCV Drums Fun.vcvss (18.4 KB)

• mo
3 Likes