VCV crashing when opening patch with audio interface

Hi everyone! In the latest days I’ve been messing around with VCV 2 (vcv rack free 2.0.2) and I’ve been loving it. Lately, though, I have been struggling with this patch:

mad rainbow.vcv (8.7 KB)

Here’s the log file:

log.txt (14.2 KB)

When I try to open it with my audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i4) connected to my pc (Windows 10), it will cause VCV to crash on launch. I tried using different block sizes, sample rates and audio drivers (I usually use Focusrite’s ASIO driver) but nothing seems to work. When the audio interface is not connected to the pc, however, the patch will launch without problems. Does anybody have suggestions about what may cause this behaviour? Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

I’m having good luck with my Focusrite by using the WASAPI driver under Windows 11. I quit trying with ASIO as I could not get it working right.

I have the same interface and get the same results.

1 Like

find someone with a Steinberg and trade them!

2 Likes

Lmao, that’s a bummer. However, this problem seems to be specific with this patch (even though it occurred to me few other times with other patches) so I believe it’s a problem specific to some modules. I contacted vcv support to report this bug, hope it will bring this to their attention.