VCV crashing when I search for Sample and Hold modules

Running macOS 10.15.7. Every time I try to find a S&H module, it crashes. It also happens with a few other types. All others work fine. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Could you post the log?

That sounds like what used to happen when a module’s ModuleWidget failed to handle a null Module pointer (which happens when browsing). These days I wouldn’t expect that a module like that to survive the library build process, but maybe.

1 Like

There are also modules that are not present in the official library but they can be downloaded from their GitHub page.

1 Like

I don’t think modules in the library are actually run, are they?

Afaik at least new modules are run.

I’ve has issues where old modules started to crash when they changed the build system for the library to be different from the build system devs use: crashes on windows · Issue #669 · VCVRack/library · GitHub

I don’t know the details, but I think the module widgets are launched either in the browser or some other way, in order to generate the images for the library web site. Or maybe I dreamed all of that.

1 Like

Yes, the browser makes the widgets with no modules. Those crashes are usually found before the store.

FWIW, I’m using macOS 10.15.7 on a MacBook Pro, and I see nothing like that behaviour.