UX Idea/Proposal: Navigation Tweaks

thats fair tho i wonder if this is a feature vs just remapping an existing control scheme. since the pinch gesture is native to mac, shouldnt one be able to essentially tell vcv to recognize that rather than the current interaction which is to hold command then drag two fingers on trackpad. perhaps ill poke around to see if this is something i can do myself once i have some free time

Yes, I’ll bet you are right that there is a way to remap something to do that. I use this to remap some keys on my work mac. I’ll bet it can do that. https://karabiner-elements.pqrs.org/

1 Like

For most x-platform stuff (user input is always very platform-specific), Rack relies on 3rd-party frameworks. It happens that Rack depends on a framework (GLFW) that has taken a principled stand to support only things that are common to all platforms. This means Rack users miss out on features like multitouch, touch gestures (whether screen or trackpad), touch, stylus input., etc.

It’s an exceptional x-plat framework that makes it easy to integrate platform-specific goodies. I’m not even sure such a thing exists, TBH.

3 Likes

In my work-life I’ve worked on many, many, cross platform apps that took very different approaches to that problem (how much they leverage the native UI code vs. what cross platform tools they use that give a different experience…) People’s expectations change a bit every decade, but many of the issues remain the same…

1 Like

thanks for this info, i ended up going down a rabbit hole and learned a lot.

1 Like