I just finished porting surge-rack to v2.
One thing I noticed. We have a resource in our bundle with the name 'Leads/µcomputer.fxp`
I had to strip this from my bundle because the unzip stage after install gave me this error
[4.843 info src/plugin.cpp:193 extractPackages] Extracting package /Users/paul/Documents/Rack2/plugins/SurgeRack-188.8.131.52-mac.vcvplugin [5.015 warn src/plugin.cpp:198 extractPackages] Plugin package /Users/paul/Documents/Rack2/plugins/SurgeRack-184.108.40.206-mac.vcvplugin failed to extract: Unarchiver could not read entry from archive: Pathname can't be converted from UTF-8 to current locale.
and then I got an incomplete plugin install and insta-crash.
Seems somewhere in your plugin creation / unpack chain you have lost uff-8 encoding.
I got around it by just deleting that asset from our bundle when we make the dist stage. It’s the only one with a non-ascii filename. But wanted to flag the bug to you.