Updated plugin won't work

I lost the ability to open most of my patches cause most of my patches contain NYSTHI modules.
Here’s what happened :
“Could not find plugin” after v1.0.4 to v1.0.5 update of NYSTHI while currently having v1.1.1 log

The VCV plugin manager page says on the bottom : “Only 1.x plugins can be loaded by Rack 1.x.”
I guess I can also just for NYSTHI to update to v1.1 but still…
So how could I still open my v1.0.4 version of NYSTHI after changing the x value of my log ?

Same for MSM modules which remains 0.6, is there a way to get it back and keeping the v1.x.y updated plugins ? I read on a topic that it’s possible to reinstall v0.6…

I really don’t know a thing about developping and stuff so sorry if my question lacks sense.

you should be running version 1.1.5 of vcv rack, and that will be compatible with all 1.something versions of the plugins.

Okay… I’m not sure I understand why going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.5 log allows me to open plugins from any 1.0.x update though…

There is no correlation between the version of Rack and plugins except the major version 1.x.
Every developer can choose any versioning system he wants, so it’s perfectly fine that version 1.0.5 of NYSTHI needs Rack 1.1.5. You should always run the latest version of Rack in the specific major path which is currently 1.1.5.

2 Likes

because new functionality was added in 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 that plugins now can use.

see https://github.com/VCVRack/Rack/blob/v1/CHANGELOG.md and check for “api” additions.

1 Like

sincerely I did not add any new feature connected to new features included in VCVRack 1.1.5
but I work always using last version of Rack (in this case 1.1.5), and very likely the lib linking is different

1 Like

Okay I didn’t know that, thanks a lot !

Thank you I’ll do so