Time to play a video game...

Hearthstone. I’m a strict free 2 play person, which limits what i can do in the game but i’ve hit legend in the past.

Also, my fastest times in Windows Minesweeper are:

• 5 (beginner)
  • 24 (intermediate)
  • 93 (advanced)

Dwarf Fortress is too fiddly for me but I have enjoyed Dungeon Crawl in the past.

1 Like

I discovered 2 days ago that the cats have bitten (and cut) the wire of the sensor bar of my nintendo wii. we would have liked to play some resident evil “shoot here and there”…so I’m playing with super mario world on the nintendo snes 16 bit :sunglasses:

Right now Doom (2016) and Binding of Isaac. I played Binding of Isaac more than any other game. It’s a top-down Rouge-Like where you have to escape your mother in the cellar and fight Mega-Satan while you wade through monsters, poo and other crazy stuff. It’s easy to learn, hard to master.

3 Likes

Cannot get enough Isaac. Me and the best mate always do a few runs each when we see each other. It’s a game I can put on any time, just have a run or three, and never be bored of it. Have been playing for years, and definitely still a lot I could improve on. Never managed to complete all challenges or unlock all the post its. Fuck The Keeper, especially. But regularly getting wins.

1 Like

if you are looking for nice titles to play Manual samuel is free now in humble bundle Just Cause in the epic store Assasin Creed II and Rabbids Coding in the uplay store

1 Like

I’ve recently jumped into Barotrauma, that game is really cool. Also lately i replayed a few games of the original Xcom from 1994, but i’m still as bad as before XD

I think it starts to show that i like sci-fi games lol

The newer XCOMs are some of my favs. Looking at the new one, thinking maybe I should give it a whirl.

1 Like

I got tabletop simulator and have using that to play board games virtually with work colleagues. But having not used Steam for more than 6 years, I remembered I had Portal, so I replayed that yesterday.

1 Like

The Surge 2. Bloody :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll see you all in starcraft II (now free).

2 Likes

one of my fab games of all time is now free on steam to stay at home

set in the Sengoku period, Shogun II is one of the best titles of the Total War Franchise

totally recomended <3

1 Like

I wouldn’t generally link to Reddit here but I keep up to date about games that are released permanently for free but for a limited time here:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Freegamestuff/

Just by nature of the subreddit most of the older links are expired and there’s the occasional scam but for stuff that’s free on Epic, Steam or GOG it’s pretty good.

3 Likes

If anyone plays Insurgency Sandstorm, let’s have a Co-op round someday :slight_smile:

Exploring underwater alien world in Subnautica

6 Likes

stellaris is currently free to play, until may 17th, and 75% off to buy, with many dlcs at 50% off.

3 Likes

Clash Royale (quite interesting how they do real-time over the Internet) and the love of a lifetime, Sega-Gremlin Head On 2 (1979) on MAME.

currently stuck in a movie (technically a video game )

https://vlc.studio/

super genial idea

I’m surprised Factorio has yet to surface up in this thread, given that it activates the exact same parts of the brain as patching VCV.

Rigging up transport belts is not as easy as patching a rack, and instead of making cool music, you have the satisfaction of wrecking at gunpoint the thriving ecosystem of a peaceful planet to turn it into a perfectly efficient techno-fascist factory despoiling the soil of its bounty to produce space rockets and pollution.

Right now, I’m playing with the Krastorio2, Space Exploration, and Transport Drones mods. I’m using a city blocks layout rather than a main bus, allowing for infinite horizontal scalability - I just copy-paste a block to increase production, my construction bots taking care of laying down the pieces.

The mods I’m playing with make my starting planet limited, so I have a space station in orbit, and am currently mining a moon rich in coal:

Other than those, I like a wide variety of stuff, and have been a huge fan of games tracing their lineage from Demon’s Souls: Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and right now, Nioh 2, a masterpiece hybridizing the vocabulary of many genres to deliver an uncompromising experience. I’m also working on and off on a project trying to be an interesting entry in this genre, using Unreal Engine 4. (Yup, you bet its soundtrack will feature VCV a fair amount.)

7 Likes

I finished Cyan World’s “Obduction” a little while ago, now I’m saving “Zed” for a rainy day.

That’s the only genre of games I like to play on a computer - like the whole Myst franchise. Very peaceful and relaxing, for the most part.

Also just got Mini vMac installed, emulating a Mac Plus (ca. 1986) running System 7.0.1, and a crapload of abandonware text adventure games from Infocom, including “Leather Goddesses of Phobos”. I never did wrap that game the first time around. Believe it or not, I still have the Scratch & Sniff Card that came with the floppy disk, lo, these many years ago.

3 Likes

My regular pastime is Ryzom, a 15yr old sandbox MMO with a great, mature community and unique features.

2 Likes