Time to play a video game...

Sort of finished Starfield after 140 hours; it does give an option to carry on, but it all gets a bit samey.

Out of the two 100+ hour games I played I much preferred Baldur’s Gate 3, nowhere near as repetitive and just felt much more like a living breathing world. Maybe Starfield’s scope is just too wide?

Giving games a rest, now it’s cooled down I may finally be able to get back to monkeying around with music.

2 Likes

Do youu know where I can get CS skins?

140 hours in Starfield is impressive! Totally get what you mean about the repetitiveness. Baldur’s Gate 3 does have that immersive vibe; the world feels alive. Maybe Starfield’s scope is a bit too vast. Taking a break from games to monkey around with music sounds like a fantastic plan. By the way, ever checked out the CS2 market? They’ve got some cool stuff if you’re into gaming gear.

Awesome gaming lineup you’ve got there! And Boarderkands 2, well, it’s just pure, unadulterated mayhem in the best way possible!

Guardians of the Galaxy is free today on epic games! https://store.epicgames.com/de/p/marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy

Anyone on monster hunter games?

Who here plays Satisfactory? The 1.0 version is live as of last week. New buildings, items, story. God, I love this game. Especially playing it with my friends.

We had to get a private server just to enjoy it more by ourselves. It costs $6, so it’s not much at all. Totally worth it. SuperCraft is the place where we got it, if there are other players here. They also have servers for Valheim and Palworld.

Space Marine 2, Binding of Isaac, because I’m always playing that, and one pinball table or the other.

More of a toy, but it’s so lovely. Tiny Glade.

2 Likes

Steam has come out with a 64-bit version of Cyan Worlds’ Myst IV: Revelation that I can play on my MacBook Pro.

It’s not as action-oriented as the trailer would have you believe. A lot of those scenes are clips from people’s memories. It’s more of a walking sim.

I almost finished it in 2004 when it first came out, but I put off making the Big Decision near the end. Eventually I upgraded my gear over the years until I couldn’t play it anymore, or else I forgot what I was playing it on. Possibly a G3 tower. Then I tried playing it from the start on something else (was it an older Win 10 laptop? An iBook G3 “Snow”?) a few months ago, but the graphics were rendered so horribly (big random triangular panels of flat colour obscuring much of the scene) that it was barely playable. I quit shortly after linking out of Tomanha into the Haven prison age.

Now, with the new version, I can finally play it through. It’s not a remake, as such, because the interface, images, and the gameplay are the same as before. I still have my pencil & paper notes from the last time, so that should help me get caught up. I won’t have to re-learn the D’ni script. Again.